Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Jones Beach Air Show: May 23 - 24

I finally got to see the Breitling Jet Team fly today, and totally wasn't expecting them to pop flares to end their performance. Did they do that yesterday too? Not the greatest shots, have to work on them but here is what they did,

Last edited by fk6065; 2015-05-24 at 10:47 PM.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    I finally got to see the Breitling Jet Team fly today, and totally wasn't expecting them to pop flares to end their performance. Did they do that yesterday too? Not the greatest shots, have to work on them but here is what they did,
    I happened to be at Eisenhower Park for the Navy/Marine Landings on Saturday and after the Marine departure at around 2pm I was looking south towards the direction of JB and saw some smoke trails and what I thought were flares. I wonder if it was from the Breitling Jet Team. What time did they fly on Sunday?

They flew around 2:00PM to 2:30PM

Thunderbirds opening break,

Calypso Pass

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    I finally got to see the Breitling Jet Team fly today, and totally wasn't expecting them to pop flares to end their performance. Did they do that yesterday too?
    I heard they did on Saturday. They didn't during Friday's practice, but did at the show in Manassas.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I heard they did on Saturday. They didn't during Friday's practice, but did at the show in Manassas.
    It was pretty cool. Wish I knew it was coming.

Went to KISP today around 3PM and 'American Gold Rush' on the corner of RWY 6 was packed with people. Got to see the T-birds takeoff from RWY 24 at that spot, and it was very cool. Saw SCPD hassling drivers trying to park at the end of RWY 6, but didn't really bother us in the Gold Rush parking lot not too far from there. Any info on the T-birds departure would be greatly appreciated!!

*Edit*C-17 is on the ground now. Looks like they're gearing up and should be leaving shortly.I was playing with a few warbird shots.

Last edited by Big Tim #70; 2015-05-25 at 09:23 AM.
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tim #70 View Post
    I would imagine the T-Birds are long gone and tucked into their own beds at Nellis by now, they usually don't hang around any longer than a quick debrief & bio-break before heading home after a show. They're in Colorado this week so there is no reason to think they would stay on the East Coast.
    Actually when they last performed here in 2009 they didnt leave until Monday!! I was there at FRG when the C-17 came in on Runway 1-9 and left on Runway 1. Quite a sight!!

Just a couple of my own just from yesterday (Sunday) for you guys:

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Actually when they last performed here in 2009 they didnt leave until Monday!! I was there at FRG when the C-17 came in on Runway 1-9 and left on Runway 1. Quite a sight!!

I stand corrected.

The C-17 just landed, and is loading up now. All the Jet canopies are open and they're doing a runway sweep now for FOD.

I would guess within the hour they will be airborne.
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tim #70 View Post
    I stand corrected.

The C-17 just landed, and is loading up now. All the Jet canopies are open and they're doing a runway sweep now for FOD.

I would guess within the hour they will be airborne.
    Just heard something loud run up at MacArthur a little before 10:00, must have been them taking off

Breitling still at FRG. They just taxied over to Sheltair to park, maybe on static display for AAM visitors.

Does anybody know if all are alright when the 2 golden knights got blown into the crowd. I was to far from it. Luck to get in yesterday with the wife and kids.

Breitling is parked at the far end of the ramp, not that close to the open part of the ramp. They are leaving Tuesday - at least the ones who can fly.