Thread: Taipei (TSA & TPE)

Program Coordinator

Taipei (TSA & TPE)

Will be updating as I go through shots over the next few days. Unfortunately despite several outings over a three day trip only one really paid off, but all nonetheless delivered some fun additions:

First installment, and probably one of the duller ones, from TSA - the city's domestic airport. It's been described as the SXM of Asia, and that's not entirely inaccurate. You can get super close to the action, though the light doesn't always play ball:

Taiwan AF SAR chopper:

TransAsia A321

Far Eastern Transport MD-80:

China Airlines A330:

UniAir ATR 72-600:

Coast Guard Beech:
    Last edited by jerslice; 2014-12-09 at 06:20 PM.

Program Coordinator
    TPE...went to a spot called the Miracle Cafe. But a tea with milk every few hours and spot to your hearts content. Trees are getting a bit tall, and weather still poor. But good stop:

Nice collection Jeremy! Like the China Airlines A330
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Program Coordinator
    Thanks Mark!

After the first two visits went kind of bust, I decided to give Songsham another chance as it was easily accessible by walking as opposed to TPE, whose best spots are a bit more remote. I am extremely glad I did, as it panned out really well. Most of my quick-hit spotting trips while traveling are an hour or two of whatever I get. And finally, I got a break.

Nice shots.

Note on the CA 330 there is no PRC (People's Republic of China) national flag in front of "Air China". This is deliberate as both PRC and Republic of China (Taiwan) claim to be the only legitimate government for the entire China. Thirty years ago there was open hostility across the Taiwan Strait. Today, there are commercial flights and free travel. But neither side wants to antagonize the other and avoids sensitive matters like showing one's national flag within the other side's territory. I wonder whether CA keeps several aircraft specifically for the Taiwan flight, or temporarily covers the flag when a plane flies Taiwan route.