Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Thunder Over the Boardwalk Airshow

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    There is a drawing on the air show's Facebook page for a free ride in Panchito at the Sunday show.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

According the Show's website they're planning a special NYC flyover up the Hudson River next Thurs., 8/27 at 11AM ...
    http://airshowny.com/air-force-heritage-flight/

"During transit from Langley Air Force Base to Stewart International Airport the F-22 Raptor and P-51 Mustang
    will be joined by an F-16 from the Viper Demo Team. The three aircraft will make a single pass up the Hudson River
    from South to North at approximately 11:00 am on Thursday, August 27th, passing over the Statue of Liberty and
    by the World Trade Center."

Tentative flying schedule released

National Anthem Flag Jump by the West Point Parachute Team
    Mike Wiskus in the Lucas Oil Pitts
    L-39 Cold War Era Jet Demo
    B-25 Mitchell “Panchito” WWII Bomber
    USMC AV-8B Harrier Demo
    Andrew Wright
    ANG 106th Rescue Wing Combat Search and Rescue Demo
    The Horsemen P-51 Flight Team
    USN F-18 Super Hornet Demo
    Mike Wiskus in the Lucas Oil Pitts
    GEICO Skytypers
    USAF F-22 Raptor Demo
    USAF Heritage Flight
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

I'm sure there's going to be some long intermissions for departing commercial flights
    during the show also because that line-up is only a about 3 hours worth of flying.
    It's too bad they can't have the Super Hornet Demo do double duty especially since
    they usually bring 2 qualified Super Hornet Demo pilots to each show anyway !

I guess that means the USN Leapfrogs have been scratched. Totally understandable considering what happened last weekend.
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

I just noticed that the site schedule shows that "The Horsemen" 3 ship P-51 Mustang team was dropped?! They now list a single P-51 Demo. I think now I may reconsider going. Because of the cost and light show itinerary it doesn't appear worth it. Hopefully next year Jones Beach will get a Raptor and Super Bug. I just saw a Harrier at Geneseo.
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Flying schedule released

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 – 11:30 AM:

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    I just noticed that the site schedule shows that "The Horsemen" 3 ship P-51 Mustang team was dropped?!
    While I didn't hear anything official today, rumor has it that there is a health issue involving one of the pilots.

The other news that was shared with us today is that this will be an annual show. They're already planning for next year, and will be at ICAS this winter to try to secure a jet team.
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Landing Lights View Post
    While I didn't hear anything official today, rumor has it that there is a health issue involving one of the pilots.

The other news that was shared with us today is that this will be an annual show. They're already planning for next year, and will be at ICAS this winter to try to secure a jet team.
    Well, the Blue Angels were already scheduled to be at Coney Island August 20 -21st next year,
    so as long as Stewart keeps the same date I would think they should be able to get the Blue Angels.

Anybody at Stewart airport can you confirm if a plane went down. Seen something on FB chatter

IMed a friend he said something about it is a small prop stunt plane and the tail wing came off and the plane did crash it is on local news. I'm unable to put up link.
    Last edited by Innes; 2015-08-28 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Innes View Post
    Anybody at Stewart airport can you confirm if a plane went down. Seen something on FB chatter
    ABC NY confirming plane crashed, pilot killed. Practice cancelled but they are planning to have the show go on tomorrow and Sunday

http://abc7ny.com/news/plane-practic...-pilot/960733/ Photos show structural failure. They report that the plane came down in the trees behind the crowd line.
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website