Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Thunder Over the Boardwalk Airshow

Yup, all us doubters about a show were right all along. Too much hassle to get NYC permits, insurance costs, lack of sponsors, inability to charge spectators at Coney, airspace over LGA, etc. It was a pipe dream. Doubt if they'll ever repeat air shows over Coney and we in Brooklyn have the Friday Fireworks, Hot Dog Eating Contest, the Mermaid Parade, Luna Park, etc as consolation.

Well, technically the "New York Airshow" was moved. Should we rename the thread then? I'm actually kind of glad it moved to SWF. I had no plans to head over to Coney Island, let alone with a $1000+ camera. Its not Jones Beach with a custom made parkway to take you directly to a huge parking lot. With the show at SWF, we now have the hope that the NY Air Guard can pull out the stops and get some decent statics, let alone some military fly-bys. Just look what the RI Air Guard does for the Quonset Show.
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    I'm actually kind of glad it moved to SWF. I had no plans to head over to Coney Island, let alone with a $1000+ camera.
    Been to CI a number of times the last few years attending Cyclones games!! Never had any issues with any of the locals or anyone for that matter and always had a great time!! And I came in from Long Island taking the LIRR to Penn then a choice of 4 different subway lines that leave you right there!! I would have been going if i didnt have a wedding that weekend in Philly!! But I wouldnt have been driving up to SWF even if they had a jet team anchoring the show!! Thunder Over The Boardwalk is a few days after this and lot more relaxing and fun to be at!!
    Will be interesting how the show goes logistical wise (traffic, parking, facilities etc).. A lot of this will go towards getting it happen again next year but they should pick a different date, not so close to a bigger air show so they can get a jet team in!!

FYI- the Breitling Jet Team updated their 2015 schedule recently and unfortunately the AC Show is no longer listed.

http://www.breitling-jet-team.com/en/news-events/

I know you should never say never but You will probably never see an air show in NYC again.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

The NYAS FB page now has the USMC Harrier officially listed.
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Oh God.
    LOL Matthew!

I was just thinking the same thing!

No cameras allowed!

Don't think I'll bother! Not paying $30 for that!

Might just go sit at MGJ I'm sure everything will be seen from there even at a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    LOL Matthew!
    I was just thinking the same thing!
    No cameras allowed!
    Where does it say "no cameras"?
    Just looking at the parking area and if its a really nice day, I'm not sure they have enough spaces there!! And you cant bring in your own food/beverages!!
    Last edited by Gerard; 2015-07-09 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Where does it say "no cameras"?
    I think that was just a poke at Port Authority, and the way they discourage photography at their airports.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    And you cant bring in your own food/beverages!!
    Of course, they want you to spend money at the concession stands.

This show seems to be all about money.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

B-25 Panchito just added.
    --TSA.GOV website

FYI- I just noticed the Horsemen have updated their 2015 show schedule and AC is on it too now
    http://www.horsemenflight.com/

Update: The AC show posted on the Horsemen's website schedule was a mistake and is no longer listed now. Oh well !!

New York's 106th Rescue Wing CSAR Demo has been added to the performers list also