Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Thunder Over the Boardwalk Airshow

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    The PANYNJ is the lead agency for the show now and I heard they should have a show update in a couple of weeks.
    Oh God.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Oh God.
    I'll take the Bronx River Pkwy/Sprain Brook to the Tappan Zee. That GWB is always a disaster even without Christie!
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    The PANYNJ is the lead agency for the show now and I heard they should have a show update in a couple of weeks.
    I had very little hope we The City of NY was running this show .................now I have no hope ............
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    I'll take the Bronx River Pkwy/Sprain Brook to the Tappan Zee. That GWB is always a disaster even without Christie!
    I used to continue on the Sprain then it turns into the Taconic State Parkway up to 84 West over the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge.

The New York Air Show's website is finally up and the Raptor and Super Hornet Demos are still listed,
    but unfortunately the USMC Harrier Demo isn't listed on their performers page also

Here's the new link for the show's website:
    http://airshowny.com/

Without a Demo Team that lineup is pretty light. If the TAC demos run 10-15 minutes, how long do you figure the show will last? I'm hoping they fill it out a little bit more with civilian teams and some warbirds. I'm planning on attending regardless because of the Horsemen and if the C-5 Unit involved up there has connections and brings in the military statics. If anything like the old days we could see a B-52, B-1, KC-135 etc.....
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Well, according to the show's FB page, they're waiting for the USMC to confirm the venue change before
    they officially add the USMC Harrier Demo to their performers list, so that's promising news.
    Right now with the present line-up the show will probably last only about 3 hours but hopefully they'll add
    some flybys with the C-17 and KC-130 that are based up at Stewart and some Warbirds too if we're lucky

Seems to be a lot of $$$$$$$$ being thrown around. Parking, admission, photopit, VIP ..................

Living The Dream...

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Charging for admission (at a military base!) and charging for parking? No way in hell they're going to put on anything that's even close to being a $25 airshow.

Who owns this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Charging for admission (at a military base!) and charging for parking? No way in hell they're going to put on anything that's even close to being a $25 airshow.
    Who owns this crap?
    I was thinking the same thing!! Plus for people coming from downstate its a hike!! And no Jet Team? Mmmmm......

This airshow is under the same promoter as OC Airshow, Melburne Airshow and used to be Coco beach airshow and for one year FT Lauderdale Airshow. Expect bunch of BS around, they will do and tell you everything just to sell tickets.... their airshows are very "commercial" you will have chance to see 3 hours of BS and one hour of flying...
    Living The Dream...

Stewart is not a military base, it is a civilian airport, operated by the Port Authority. The Air Force decommissioned it in the early 1970s, and while it houses a unit of the NY ANG, it is not a military field.

PANY/NJ involved so there is one reason for all the money being charged.

Sad to report the show has been canceled as I reported in another forum. No reason was given but probably the cost for permits, security, need for sponsorship, etc. It has now been 15 years since the last show in 2000. The show was moved up to Newburgh but I have no car. My consolation is that the US Open has free shows that weekend offering nice views of LGA departures. If lucky, you will see the Williams sisters practice, as I did, or others. Sorry to report about the show.