Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Thunder Over the Boardwalk Airshow

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    A couple of years ago there was something like that scheduled, which never came off - might have been on the Thunderbirds schedule. Basically a demo over the water off the beach, like the Jones Beach show. I don't recall anything else scheduled as part of it the last time it was discussed.
    Last time it was done if i remember somewhere in late 90s, like 98 or something!! I remember watching it from the Marina with my boys off Flatbush Ave adjacent to Floyd Bennett!! Boy those jets were buzzing low all over the place!!

Coney Island 2015

Is there going to be an airshow in Coney Island this year...I thought I read somewhere that there was goin to be one but I cant seem to find any information on it...thanks...

ken

Well the Navy Leap Frogs and USMC Harrier Demo both have Coney Island on their 2015 schedules for Aug. 29-30,
    but I haven't heard any other info about the show so I don't know if it's actually going to happen or not
    Coney Island was supposed to have a show back in 2010 also but it was canceled so I'll believe it when I see it

FYI- the F-22 Demo is scheduled to be at Coney Island also and so is Mike Wiskus and his Lucas Oil Aerobatic Demo,
    so hopefully we'll hear more official news about the NYC show soon and that they'll post a website for the show also

Update: Here's the links for the NYC Air Show but there's no info posted yet:
    http://newyorkcityairshow.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/airshownyc
    Last edited by Chris S; 2015-02-23 at 07:14 PM.

Coney Island 2015

I believe this show is actually slated for August of 2016 featuring the Blue Angels

2015 Coney Island Airshow

Looks like the show is on!!
    8/29-8/30/15

B-25 Panchito
    USAF F-22A Raptor Demo
    USMC AV-8 Harrier Demo
    USN Leap Frogs
    Mike Wiskus & the Lucas Oil Pitts

The USN F/A-18F Super Hornet Demo from VFA-106 is scheduled to be at the show also.

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Looking forward to this show! Thanks for the updates folks
    -Don B.

Quote Originally Posted by zigtronics View Post
    Looks like the show is on!!
    8/29-8/30/15

B-25 Panchito
    USAF F-22A Raptor Demo
    USMC AV-8 Harrier Demo
    USN Leap Frogs
    Mike Wiskus & the Lucas Oil Pitts
    That might be it!! Angels ARE scheduled for 2016 but no Angels/TBirds this year!!

While I am thrilled at the possibility of having another air show in our area I have to agree with Chris S, "I'll believe when I see it"

Part of the reason it was cancelled last time was the Bloomberg administration realized it would cost the city way to much money in overtime and cleanup as opposed to what revenue it would generate.

As for my personal opinion this is one of the worst venues in NYC to have an air show. There is very little public parking in Coney Island, the two largest venues, The Aquarium and The Cyclones Park aren't handling the cars. Plus there are only a few roads into Coney Island from the main part of Brooklyn. It is going to be a nightmare!

That means the Subway or bus as the LIRR doesn't run to Coney Island.

As for shuttle buses my only guess would be, Flyod Bennett Field and that's a half hour ride easily on the bus if there is no traffic on the Belt.

So take the sheer magnitude of people that normally go to Coney Island in the summer and add the air show attendees and good luck ................
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    That means the Subway or bus as the LIRR doesn't run to Coney Island.
    I've been to Brooklyn Cyclones games coming in from L.I on the LIRR. Once I changed at Jamaica and took the train to Atlantic and caught the subway therer!! Second time i went straight to Penn then walked down to 6 Ave and caught subway there and found that faster and more convenient as the wait time at Jamaica for my connection was a half hour!! It wasnt a bad ride. There are 3 lines that go into Coney!! For me it was more relaxing as driving on the SSP/Belt Parkway especially in the summer can be a pain AND I would be indulging in adult beverages before, during and after the game so mass transportation was a great option.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I've been to Brooklyn Cyclones games coming in from L.I on the LIRR. Once I changed at Jamaica and took the train to Atlantic and caught the subway therer!! Second time i went straight to Penn then walked down to 6 Ave and caught subway there and found that faster and more convenient as the wait time at Jamaica for my connection was a half hour!! It wasnt a bad ride. There are 3 lines that go into Coney!! For me it was more relaxing as driving on the SSP/Belt Parkway especially in the summer can be a pain AND I would be indulging in adult beverages before, during and after the game so mass transportation was a great option.
    I was saying that there is no LIRR branch that runs into Coney Island.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

I remember back in 98 I think it was, the Blues did a show there and we were coming across the bridge saw the Blues and parked along the Belt. Lots of cars had the same idea

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    I was saying that there is no LIRR branch that runs into Coney Island.
    Yes I know, I was just giving an account how easy it is to get there if you want to take LIRR then subway.

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    I remember back in 98 I think it was, the Blues did a show there and we were coming across the bridge saw the Blues and parked along the Belt. Lots of cars had the same idea
    Yup!! I watched it from the marina across from Floyd Bennett Field with my two boys. The Blues were buzzing all over the place low level!! It was pretty cool!