Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: KEWR 11/23/14

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Port Authority is a far cry from the people who run the grounds at MIA. Maybe with some time and better interaction we can coexist a little better and get some spotting at EWR
    What have you been smoking Nik?!?! The cops at EWR don't want interaction, they just want to run us out!"

[QUOTE=skyteam18;505136]As for IKEA: What language does the IKEA manager(s) use remove Aviation Enthusiasts? Loitering? Tresspassing? or No Plane Spotting?

The local police outside and around EWR is a whole other topic I won't touch today.

QUOTE]

You answered your own question, in a way. It's not the manager at IKEA who is the problem. It's the private security firm employed by whoever owns the land that IKEA/Toys R Us sits on, along with Elizabeth PD that are the problem. It's obviously the NJ mentality that what they say goes.

OK, here's my view. I go to EWR I drive through, get what numbers I want and then leave mostly. On occasions I'll park in a parking lot with a good view of proceedings and don't have a problem. Occasionally the security firm that patrols that lot will kick me out. Only once have the police come through. That time, he didn't get out of his car, just asked if I was checking the aircraft out and when I responded yes, he told me don't stay too long.

Teterboro is very frustrating. Even though they are public roads you get run out, usually by Moonachie PD in their black unmarked Dodge Chargers or occasionally by PAPD. The problem is they make up the rules as they go along, the latest onebeing that you can't park and watch planes anywhere around the airport. But apart from Redneck Ave, there are not any no parking/stopping signs anywhere around the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    OK, here's my view. I go to EWR I drive through, get what numbers I want and then leave mostly. On occasions I'll park in a parking lot with a good view of proceedings and don't have a problem. Occasionally the security firm that patrols that lot will kick me out. Only once have the police come through. That time, he didn't get out of his car, just asked if I was checking the aircraft out and when I responded yes, he told me don't stay too long.

Teterboro is very frustrating. Even though they are public roads you get run out, usually by Moonachie PD in their black unmarked Dodge Chargers or occasionally by PAPD. The problem is they make up the rules as they go along, the latest onebeing that you can't park and watch planes anywhere around the airport. But apart from Redneck Ave, there are not any no parking/stopping signs anywhere around the perimeter.
    The thing I do is take video with a tripod outside the car so it's a bit risky for me...anyways, I'm not going back there from now on.