Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: UN General Assembly Week - 2015

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    Does all this activity during the week mean the weekend will be lack-luster? The ONLY day I can be out is Sunday - I'm pretty certain at this point that I'm not going to see anything worth writing home about...
    I agree with Eric. I think there will still be arrivals this weekend and into next week. While this year has definitely become "UN Weeks", there are also several nations already here that we've not seen recently if ever. Between the Pope, the development summit, and the 70th anniversary, lots of leaders are coming this year.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Concur with the others that there is plenty left, but some visitor may arrive during the late evening hours. Have gotten much of a chance to process my pic, but here are some for now.

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

The South African BBJ ZS-RSA callsign LMG1 just landed in Las Palmas to refuel , should be airborne again within the next two hours, 7 hour flight to JFK.

The BBJ A6-DAS was the Swaziland kings ride, one of the poorest countries in the world and he charters an aircraft from the Middle East , not the first time. I suppose his old DC9 not good enough anymore.

BRS1 VC-1A 2101 arrival in approximately 30 minutes.

edit: BRS1 landed 03.10 am rwy 04R
    Last edited by BaszB; 2015-09-25 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by springbok View Post
    The South African BBJ ZS-RSA callsign LMG1 just landed in Las Palmas to refuel , should be airborne again within the next two hours, 7 hour flight to JFK.
    that's what they call timing.. LMG1 just airborne LPA so arrival approx 10.30 am!

Kazakhstan Government BEC1 just took off from Astana. If heading directly to NYC, arrival around 18.30 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    No pictures? Or does it not qualify for this thread? He is actually part of UN week, lol!!
    Curious, was security any more strict with the arrival of the Pope than with the President at JFK? Down by the heliport they had us pushed all the way back to the area across from the firehouse on Water Street!! Still good views and it was pretty crowded!!

near ESS/EDLE, DUS/EDDL and CGN/EDDK, Germany
    Wow, I'm always yealous about the stuff you get during UN Week(s) nice shots everyone thanks for sharing. BTW there is a A345 over germany right now heading west departed IST now callsign available. Only VIP A345 that came to my mind was the State of Kuwait. It maybe headed to NYC? I don't know but maybe it helps someone. Good luck o everyone out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Curious, was security any more strict with the arrival of the Pope than with the President at JFK? Down by the heliport they had us pushed all the way back to the area across from the firehouse on Water Street!! Still good views and it was pretty crowded!!
    I got a few photos. Laptop is in being fixed, so ill either post later today or over the weekend, both of the arrival and the helo departure for manhattan. I'm admittedly an awful catholic but I was still very excited for the arrival of this pope.

What's the list for today, my wildly more knowledgable friends?

Will try to make it out there either tomorrow or on Sunday! Does anybody have an idea on when the Gambia IL-62, Belarus Tu-154, Putin's entourage, the Qatar Amiri Flight stuff, and Air Force 1 are coming?

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by TriStatePlaneSpotting View Post
    Will try to make it out there either tomorrow or on Sunday! Does anybody have an idea on when the Gambia IL-62, Belarus Tu-154, Putin's entourage, the Qatar Amiri Flight stuff, and Air Force 1 are coming?
    According to an e-mail I received, the DNC wanted me to give them money so I could see the President in New York on Sunday, so assume that day. [EDIT: White House confirms President to New York on Sunday Afternoon https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...ng-unga-events ]
    From this morning, Brunei 744 V8-ALI and A320 HZ-A2 were both in. I also saw an E190 on the trackers, but I don't know if it was one of the A6- machines or possibly the Brazil back again.
    0956: Venezuela 319 showing on the ground at JFK now. Not sure when it came down from Stewart. [And now back to SWF]
    [For brevity's sake, I'll give a couple of responses in this box, too. Gerard - that's standard for the President, too; the whole esplanade is blocked off. Bangkok-The Kuwaitis usually use standard KAC callsigns. I'd guess the A345 is the Qatar Amiri example. TriState - Belarussian press says their President is in New York from Saturday to Tuesday]
    1039: C-17 [RCH434T] final 13L. [1202: Departing]
    1054: The E190 from earlier is Conviasa YV3016. Sounds like it's departing now.
    1116: South Africa BBJ ZS-RSA over Suffolk; ETA 15 minutes. [Departed 1408 - SWF] Brunei, Conviasa, HZ-A2 all departed and are inbound Stewart.
    1350: Korea Air Force 001 [B744/10001] final 4R
    1516: That A345 is in the descent over Providence. ETA 1545. [Indeed Amiri 1 - A7-HHH]
    1520: Totally forgot to mention; a German AF A340 was in and out in the wee hours last night.
    1522: Out of nowhere - Pakistan Air Force G450 [PFF2/J-756] on final for 13L.
    1554: Russian Presidential Office says Putin is arriving Monday morning and going straight to the UN.
    1654: A319 A6-CJE descending over the North Fork, ETA 1730.
    Last edited by Mateo; 2015-09-25 at 04:55 PM.

AF2/AF1F

I see that VPOTUS and FLOTUS will be attending the Global Citizen Fest concert in Central Park tomorrow evening.

Not a UN week movement, but another special movement that may be of interest. (Do they fly separately?)

There's a TFR in Wilmington, DE
    tomorrow night, so that may be VPOTUS heading back home after the show. There are so many around NYC lately that I don't know which ones are Papal vs UN vs First Family. Trying to see where to spot tomorrow and Sunday if I can get out there.

Greetings,

Here are a few new ones (for me) I pulled off over the last few days.
    After so many years of doing the UNGA its hard to really get much in the form of something new. I can just sit and relax and come out when something new shows up. So far this yea the Cubana IL-96 and the AN-158 along with the Colombian 737-400 are my more prized catches so far.

Senga
    Last edited by SengaB; 2015-09-25 at 05:23 PM.