Thread: "Tin" spotting in North Jersey

"Tin" spotting in North Jersey

Thinking of doing a bit of "tin" i.e light aircraft spotting this weekend in N Jersey. Not really familiar with the light fields up this end of the state and just wondered if anyone has any advice on them.

Thinking of doing Lincoln Park, Andover Aeroflex, Andover Trinca and Sussex. Anything special at any of them to look out for?

Also are the Berievs still at Sky Manor?

Thanks!

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    C'mon, Mark, you didn't e-mail me directly? :)
    The answer generally is "no." There's a weird Czech ag plane at Sussex. There's also a skydiving operation there, but I don't know if they use anything interesting.

The Berievs are not at Sky Manor anymore. Paul saw 29KL at New Garden outside Philadelphia over the summer and 30KL was at Leesburg, FL this spring. 13KL had a landing accident in Biscayne Bay in 2009, and does not appear to have been seen since :(

I've forwarded you my logs from Lincoln Park, Aeroflex, and Sussex. I'll have to dig up my log of Trinca somewhere, but it's a turf field. For other items of interest in Northern NJ, there's the preserved Constellation at Greenwood Lake, the Pembroke at Caldwell, and a handful of Stearmen and warbirds at Solberg. Blairstown and Somerset do gliders, but those are likely put away for the season by now [EDIT: Or not. The gliding op at SMQ was buttoned up when I was there 2 weeks ago, but I was at Blairstown on 5 November 2011, and there were 16 gliders outside.] Nothing of interest at Kupper, either.
    Last edited by Mateo; 2014-10-31 at 10:11 PM.