Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banned from A.Net

Quote Originally Posted by mtrain999 View Post
    Like why could they not have told me that reason the first time they rejected it a month ago along with the exposure and coloring and level issues...
    From what I've been told - based on questioning multiple rejections for different reasons - is that when a screener finds a reason to reject your photo, they don't go beyond that. If they find it dark, you'll get a rejection for exposure. Fix that, and they see the exposure is good, now they'll look closer and see it is soft. Add some sharpening, and now they find dust spots. It's frustrating, and they claim it saves time by not checking everything else if they see a problem. Of course that only works if you give up after the first rejection and don't upload a reworked copy...

Man, screw that site. They think they're God's gift to aviation photography. I stopped trying to upload over there years ago. Only reason to visit the site is the forums(they are a wealth of info on a variety of topics). There's some nice shots on there but the whole acceptance criteria thing is bats**t crazy. If I wanted to deal with that I'd fill out applications to go back to college

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Again, in my experience that is not a double, looks level and is decent exposure but the motive isn't there for anet quality. Maybe if you ask Manny on the side he can give you some advice. Also have you been in contact with head screeners on your ban?
    Well like I said the first few times I had to change some colors and exposure and then after that every time I edited it it was either rotated to much one way or the other. The level was the only issue the last few times before this double issue. One of the screeners even commented to rotate it just a little more one way and try it again...

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Man, screw that site. They think they're God's gift to aviation photography. I stopped trying to upload over there years ago. Only reason to visit the site is the forums(they are a wealth of info on a variety of topics). There's some nice shots on there but the whole acceptance criteria thing is bats**t crazy. If I wanted to deal with that I'd fill out applications to go back to college
    Haha yeah I'm like kinda over it. They may not think my pics are good enough for there site and they may not be. I'm not going to go out and buy a brand new camera and get the best photo editing software to please a group of people screening pics. My camera works fine for the FB page I am part of with over 10,000 followers and they seem to love my pics on there so screw it. It really doesn't affect my life one bit at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    I was uploading my photos to aviation site that doesn't do screening. They say, it's ok to upload photos unless to dump whole CF/SD card on there. So, I was uploading there, at some point, photos started getting deleted with no explanations. I didn't say a word neither complained to anyone on that site about it. I got fed-up, when I uploaded 2 shots of AF1 - side and an angle photos, and one was deleted next day. I got really pissed about. My complaint about "hit the wall". I found, that some aviation "photographers" do upload VERY SAME photo as a different shot, but MetaData doesn't lie - some photos I've seen on that site from "Top photographers" - was shot exact time - by seconds...When I complained about - pointed to those photos, at the end I was the bad guy. I said: Screw them...and I prolly never will upload my photos to any aviation site, I just want to find a good site to organize my photos and others could be able to see - Flickr, SmugMug...I'll find one at the end anyways...
    And...Thanks god I do know russian language...I found a very nice and friendly russian aviation forum(they do have some sub's for english speaking), very wide content, very active - at same time ~ over 1000 users are on...as I type, there are 795 - 83- logged in and 712 - guests...Most at the same time 7,769 - 18.07.2014 в 10:12.
    About posting photos on FB, just not long ago I've learned, how to make a watermark on your photo. There a lot of loonies, who would claim they're spotters(they aren't) and all they do - steal photos and repost as their own...As I've heard, not only me, but others encountered same problem...

Planespotting is my hobby, I'm very new at it, I do try to learn about and to learn how to take better photos. But at the end, I don't want other people to deceide my photos are acceptable to some sites or not. I could(and I would be glad) to accept some constructive critics about my photos.
    After reading all comments about Anet.net "screening", I do start to think, that there are some bunch of "screeners" with Very Tired Eyes(how many photos could you screen a day in order to take a Right Judgement?).
    On the other hand, It's like uploading your photo to dpreview Photo Challenge - voters have different tastes - some vote for artistic values, some - for technical values of any given photo. But dpreview challenges don't reject photos.
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    From what I've been told - based on questioning multiple rejections for different reasons - is that when a screener finds a reason to reject your photo, they don't go beyond that. If they find it dark, you'll get a rejection for exposure. Fix that, and they see the exposure is good, now they'll look closer and see it is soft. Add some sharpening, and now they find dust spots. It's frustrating, and they claim it saves time by not checking everything else if they see a problem. Of course that only works if you give up after the first rejection and don't upload a reworked copy...
    That's not the way we teach screeners to screen photos. They are supposed to identify all rejection reasons the first time around to avoid iterative problems like you describe. of course it isn't always done that way by every screener but that is the intent.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by mtrain999 View Post
    So My account was banned from A.Net after I re uploaded a pic that I felt was wrongfully rejected. I had a pic already up of a full dc-8 in the boneyard and uploaded a pic of just the tail. They claim it was a double even though it didn't fall under the category of double under the rejection guide. This is how it reads in the guide, "For air-to-ground airshow, boneyard, and airport overviews, we accept both a wide view and closer crops of each of the aircraft visible in the wider view." When I appealed it the first time they told me that was only good for airshows.
    Here is the pic that I have up already

And here is the one that got rejected
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I'm looking at the warning message and the ban message in the log, and I see a different story and reasons for the warning and ban than the story you are providing here. The warning and ban messages indicate the second shot was uploaded with a different date although it was clearly taken on the same day.