Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned from A.Net

Banned from A.Net

So My account was banned from A.Net after I re uploaded a pic that I felt was wrongfully rejected. I had a pic already up of a full dc-8 in the boneyard and uploaded a pic of just the tail. They claim it was a double even though it didn't fall under the category of double under the rejection guide. This is how it reads in the guide, "For air-to-ground airshow, boneyard, and airport overviews, we accept both a wide view and closer crops of each of the aircraft visible in the wider view." When I appealed it the first time they told me that was only good for airshows.
    Here is the pic that I have up already

And here is the one that got rejected
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by mtrain999; 2014-10-26 at 10:50 AM.

I can't figure out why your trying to get the 2nd photo accepted anyway. That first shot is fine.
    Last edited by eric8669; 2014-10-26 at 11:21 PM.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, par for the course with my last interactions with A.net. I had a similar incident with them years ago, moved over to JP.net and never looked back.

The way I read that is: for a boneyard shot, you could do an aerial/elevated view showing lots of planes. Then you could upload one of each of the planes that are shown, even though they are already included in part of the wide/aerial photo. They should have better-defined "wider view", though.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

My understanding of the rule matches what Cary has posted. But I'm curious - you uploaded the shot and had it rejected. Did you appeal the rejection, and decide you didn't like the head screener's answer, so you simply uploaded it again as if it were a new shot, hoping they wouldn't notice the earlier rejection, or somehow change their minds? That will certainly get you in trouble, although I would think a warning might be appropriate for a first-time offender. Unless this isn't your first offense, or you got belligerent with them...

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Confused as hell here, first off it isn't an air to ground photo. Second, it isn't a double since it's a different angle from your previous accepted shot. Third, it is bad motive, not a great crop and slightly overexposed. Maybe rework the shot and try if the reinstate you.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    My understanding of the rule matches what Cary has posted. But I'm curious - you uploaded the shot and had it rejected. Did you appeal the rejection, and decide you didn't like the head screener's answer, so you simply uploaded it again as if it were a new shot, hoping they wouldn't notice the earlier rejection, or somehow change their minds? That will certainly get you in trouble, although I would think a warning might be appropriate for a first-time offender. Unless this isn't your first offense, or you got belligerent with them...
    I appealed it and they told me that the rule I quoted was only for airshows. I re-uploaded it since there answer did match what there rule said and there was no way to re-appeal it. That was my first offense. What also bothers me is that before this I kept having the photo rejected. I finally fixed the coloring issue and exposure issue and they were only rejecting it saying it just needs a little more ccw rotation or cw rotation. Finally when I get it perfect and how they want it they decide it was a double and didn't want it. Like why could they not have told me that reason the first time they rejected it a month ago along with the exposure and coloring and level issues...

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Confused as hell here, first off it isn't an air to ground photo. Second, it isn't a double since it's a different angle from your previous accepted shot. Third, it is bad motive, not a great crop and slightly overexposed. Maybe rework the shot and try if the reinstate you.
    I never said it was air to ground... If you are reading the rule from the rejection guide I quoted, the next word is boneyard. The pic I threw up here is an un-edited version. The re-worked shot it was got me banned. Before this I kept having the photo rejected. I finally fixed the coloring issue and exposure issue and they were only rejecting it saying it just needs a little more ccw rotation or cw rotation. Finally when I get it perfect and how they want it they decide it was a double and didn't want it. Like why could they not have told me that reason the first time they rejected it a month ago along with the exposure and coloring and level issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mtrain999 View Post
    I never said it was air to ground... If you are reading the rule from the rejection guide I quoted, the next word is boneyard
    Yes meaning air to ground at boneyards. The double rule for static and moving stuff photographed from the ground is different and I think of you get the quality of the shot up to speed they will take it.

The pic I threw up here is an un-edited version
    Why? Why not post the shot that got rejected?

Finally when I get it perfect and how they want it they decide it was a double and didn't want it. Like why could they not have told me that reason the first time they rejected it a month ago along with the exposure and coloring and level issues.
    Can we see it? You may want to shoot the screeners an email and see when you can the ban lifted.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Yes meaning air to ground at boneyards. The double rule for static and moving stuff photographed from the ground is different and I think of you get the quality of the shot up to speed they will take it.

Why? Why not post the shot that got rejected?

Can we see it? You may want to shoot the screeners an email and see when you can the ban lifted.
    See this is the problem. Everyone I have talked to interprets this rule differently.
    Is there a way to post it or get a url from the rejected photos? If not I will have to upload it to get the URL. I just use photo bucket and it makes it look like crap.

Yea go to photographers corner at anet and you can find your rejected photos.

Yea go to photographers corner at anet and you can find your rejected photos.
    Yeah I know that. If I just copy the URL will it show up?

Again, in my experience that is not a double, looks level and is decent exposure but the motive isn't there for anet quality. Maybe if you ask Manny on the side he can give you some advice. Also have you been in contact with head screeners on your ban?

"For air-to-ground airshow, boneyard, and airport overviews, we accept both a wide view and closer crops of each of the aircraft visible in the wider view."
    I agree with Cary and Moose; what a.net means is they accept an overview and then a photo of each individual aircraft from an air-ground view.

That was my first offense.
    I thought a.net had a 3x warning policy but I don't know your past history with the site.

I re-uploaded it since there answer did match what there rule said and there was no way to re-appeal it.
    If I ever strongly disagree with a rejected appeal I email the head screeners ([email protected]).

Finally when I get it perfect and how they want it they decide it was a double and didn't want it. Like why could they not have told me that reason the first time they rejected it a month ago along with the exposure and coloring and level issues.
    That's always very aggravating. It's totally understandable that the screener could have just overlooked it but it always feels like a waste of time...

Again, in my experience that is not a double
    That is a double; same side/same day. A.net generally wants the photos about 90° apart.
    They will however, accept a nose close-up and tail close-up taken on the same side/day (example 2 in the guide).

Airliners.net Rejections Guide: Double Rule