Thread: JFK 10/1: Evergreen International N485EV ferry flight, Azerbaijan A345 Pics

JFK 10/1: Evergreen International N485EV ferry flight, Azerbaijan A345 Pics

[MODERATOR EDIT: Added airport code and date to thread title. -PD]

Greetings,
    After setting up an alert months back for a Derelict Evergreen N485EV it has finally departed JFK heading for its final destination to be parted out. I didn't have much time to get down to JFK as I didn't notice the alert until later. It was nice to see it go out I style and as it flew into the clouds I knew this would be the last time I will see Evergreen International. The controller saying "Follow the Evergreen Seven-Forty Seven" one last time was very nice and the last words from the pilot before contacting center were "Nope.....This is the last flight for this airplane"

The Azerbaijan JFK newbie was just before.
    KJFK-KMCI

Senga
    Last edited by PhilDernerJr; 2014-10-02 at 08:56 AM.

Azer looks beautiful...Great shots !!!
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Great shots! I like the fog in her P&Ws.
    That's a great livery on that A345.

Senga .... Glad you were able to make it down and catch the last flight. Great work as always!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Great Shots Senga! That Azerbaijan looks killer, what a nice scheme....

Rich B

Will we get to see the previous Azerbaijan scheme? I actually like that one better.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Will we get to see the previous Azerbaijan scheme? I actually like that one better.
    The flight is scheduled on the 345, and both of theirs are in the new scheme. It looks like both of their 763s have been repainted within the last year, as well.

Yea I just wish I didn't have to rush down. Didn't even get to watch them prep a little for the departure. I guess the remaining 747-200s we get there are Kalitta and Cargo Air Lines CAL(ICL). About AHY.. I wish they kept the blue and white livery and put that on the A340 however I think their old old colors would have even been better! This would have looked fantastic on the A340 I think.

VIP flight 2004 JFK

Senga

The Azer looks excellent.
    Bummed that Evergreen is done. I always enjoyed seeing it fly into JFK. One of my favorite shots off my deck from home is of that 747. End of an era.

Even though we rarely got them down here I though Evergreen had one of the best cargo schemes, classic cheatlines and green which isn't very common, I bet it was nostalgic to see a majestic classic jumbo of an airliner that's no more.

The A345 itself is good looking but that guppy livery isn't a work of art by any means, more like a work of art by a photoshop noobie. Before anyone throws tomatoes, at least it's bold with color on the fuselage (so that's better than 90% of the paintschemes today). But I'm with the minority who wished for the old colors. The old old old (when Azal had 727s) were the best colors, THAT was beautiful and a proper colorscheme for an airplane.

Great captures Senga, of the end of one airline @ JFK and the beginning of another

And Mario I totally agree about missing cheatlines

Hi All,
    Looks like N485EV is still around, I jus saw a thread on a.net that shows it was ferried MCI-OQU on June 15th
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N...500Z/KMCI/KOQU