Thread: TWA Flight Center at JFK

Red face TWA Flight Center at JFK

Happy to report the TWA Flight Center will re-open to the public for 1 day only again. This time it will be on Sat., Oct. 11 according to the just-published schedule. I plan to attend again as there are rumors that this might be the final opening to the public. It is well worth the trip and is full of memories for old-timers like myself who started trips out of this terminal back in the good old days. There are hardly any waiting lines to enter and there will be guest speakers to answer questions. This will be my first visit to T5 since the complete demolition of the PAA Terminal. Come and enjoy! Last year was Oct. 11 now on Sunday Oct. 18 from 11-3 pm.
    Last edited by Speedbird1; 2015-10-12 at 09:43 AM.

This is happening again next Sunday 10/18 for the very last time before they build the hotel and probably rip the insides out!

What are the hours of the open house on the 11th?

I'll be shooting a wedding until 6pm in Howard Beach but have always dreamed of going back to the Flight Center because of the memories I have from flying TWA every summer as a kid.
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    What are the hours of the open house on the 11th?

I'll be shooting a wedding until 6pm in Howard Beach but have always dreamed of going back to the Flight Center because of the memories I have from flying TWA every summer as a kid.
    It was the 11th last year. This year, it's SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18. Opening hours are 11-3.
    http://www.ohny.org/site-programs/we...light-center-0

It was jam-packed as I stated elsewhere so many of us spotters left and froze up on the roof of the garage. The security up there seemed to ignore us thankfully.