Thread: Final Flight KLM MD11 - PH-KCA - Amy Johnson

Final Flight KLM MD11 - PH-KCA - Amy Johnson

Final flight of "Amy Johnson". Just 3 MD11's left.
    KLM is the only carrier still flying passengers with the MD11.
    They got phased out and there are just 3 left. Next month at 25th of October the last commercial
    flight will be there.

This was the final departure of the PH-KCA

Last edited by Valk Aviation; 2014-10-05 at 09:24 AM.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valk Aviation View Post
    KLM is the only carrier who did fly passengers with the MD11.
    Are you sure of that? Im pretty certain I flew a Delta MD11 from JFK to Athens circa summer 1993
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    Are you sure of that? Im pretty certain I flew a Delta MD11 from JFK to Athens circa summer 1993
    Korean Air also flew passengers with the MD-11. As did American Airlines, Alitalia, Air Nambia, China Airlines, El Al, Finnair, Garuda Indonesia, Ghana Airways, Japan Airlines....you get the idea. A lot of airlines do/did.

Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen View Post
    Korean Air also flew passengers with the MD-11. As did American Airlines, Alitalia, Air Nambia, China Airlines, El Al, Finnair, Garuda Indonesia, Ghana Airways, Japan Airlines....you get the idea. A lot of airlines do/did.
    I had no idea El Al ever flew the MD-11. But, sure enough, they did! From 1998-2000 they leased the MD. Not sure what routes they were used on, though.

Last edited by Speedbagel_001; 2014-10-02 at 01:52 PM.

Program Coordinator
    As pointed out, lots of carriers used them...KLM has been the only one for awhile though.

KCA was the only one I know for sure I flew on...Dubai to Amsterdam in 2013. Loved it.

im sure what he meant to say is KLM is the only one left with pax MD-11s. If someone knows there's only 3 frames in the KLM fleet, gets video, visits airplane forums I'm sure he is aware KLM wasnt the only one

Quote Originally Posted by MarioFL View Post
    im sure what he meant to say is KLM is the only one left with pax MD-11s. If someone knows there's only 3 frames in the KLM fleet, gets video, visits airplane forums I'm sure he is aware KLM wasnt the only one
    If he meant to say that, I don't think he would have used past tense.

Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen View Post
    If he meant to say that, I don't think he would have used past tense.
    I'm just simply using elementary common sense here, doesn't seem the OP's first language is English. But if he's new and that's actually what he meant, that's ok, I'm sure he has no doubt by now with airline lists and personal experiences that KLM was not the only one

"....you get the idea. A lot of airlines do/did."

What other airlines do? The guy just said it, only KLM is left flying pax MD11s. And what number is considered "a lot"? That list is missing about 7 to 10 pax carriers but arguably not "a lot" and those who did didn't use it for very long or converted them to freighters, KLM being the exception.

Ghana Airways? That was a short lease from World, same for Monarch, both operated by World. Even though Air Namibia MD11s wore full livery it was short lived with that carrier. EL AL was yet another World lease, for flights to LAX.
    Last edited by MarioFL; 2014-10-04 at 12:11 AM.

I'm not stupid. I work at KLM. Changed the post by what I meant