Thread: Sept 3rd 2014 DUS/EDDL Dusseldorf

near ESS/EDLE, DUS/EDDL and CGN/EDDK, Germany

Sept 3rd 2014 DUS/EDDL Dusseldorf

I wanted to catch an American 767 in old colors in DUS. Sept 2nd was one supposed to come, but I overslept, even thou the weather was better than predicted I decided to wait for the next day, because the weather app said it was supposed to get even better. I got up in time but it was foggy and since AA was a new color I decided to stay at home. Until a few hours later I checked to see there where 3 planes listed within a short periode that I wanted to get. So I made my run to the airport.

Again I choose the Parkdeck P7 over the visitor platform atop Terminal B.

First shot of the day was the Germania A319 D-ASTB which was returned from lease with Gambiabird just day before. It was returned due to the Ebola epidemic, which made operations for Gambiabird almost impossible.

This Condor 767 came in shortly after I arrived. The Condor 767 is not a regular at DUS, but an upgrade form an 757.

An Air Berlin A330 left it's hub next.

I like the perspective on the departing Aircraft from this viewpoint. One of the reasons why I chose the Parkdeck over the Terminal platform.

As usually the biggest Aircraft of the day, one of the two dayly EK flights a B777-300ER, just after arrival from Dubai.

Next was a pleasant surprise for me. My first Aeroflot A320 with Sharklets.

After I got the more or less all white A330 a few weeks back this time the new fully painted A321 of Iraqi Airways showed up

Germanys flag carrier departing DUS, visible in the background is some typical industry of the Rhein/Ruhr Area. Lufthansa is getting fewer and fewer in DUS since LH is giving non-Fra/Muc routes to 4U.

Shortly thereafter the first of the wanted highlightes arrived. Even thou it has been flying around for years I never had a chance to get a good shot of it, the Swiss BAe 146 Zurich Shopping

In between on Tuifly B737-800 left DUS

The second highlight of the day for me was the Ukraine International B733 which wears Aerosvit hybrid colors (UR-GBD). But unfortunatly there was no light on the A/C as it departed so I'm not going to show you a pic for now.

The third highlight for me was the Air Berlin/Etihad hybrid moving forward which I had not seen until then. Afterwards I left, since the sun got more and more blocked by clouds

I hope you enjoy the shots. Critique is more than welcome ;-)