Thread: Azal Coming to JFK Sept 24

Red face Azal Coming to JFK Sept 24

The national carrier of Azerbaijan - "AZAL - Azerbaijan Airlines" announce the start of scheduled flights from Baku to New York commencing the 24th September 2014 and the opening of the ticket sales for this route from August,01. Flights to John Kennedy Airport (JFK) of New York City will run weekly on Wednesdays and Saturdays with departure from Baku at 06.00 and arriving to the biggest city of North America at 09.30 local time. The return flights will be operated on the same days of the week leaving New York at 11.30 and coming to the capital of Azerbaijan at 08.00 the next day.'

WHAT A GORGEOUS LIVERY! CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE IT!
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

They have just announced that they are increasing service to 3 x per week on Mondays from December 15th.

So I raced over to Inwood Park to catch the arrival and was there maybe 9:10 but no later than 9:15. I waited until 9:40 before leaving empty-handed. I come back home to find out he landed at 9:20. I was standing right there watching 4R and 4L and no Azal. And strangely enough, when you look up JFK arrivals on flightaware, he's not on there at all, there's nothing between JetBlue 1684 and JetBlue 436 and 9:17 and 9:24 respectively, yet, if you search specifically for Azal 101 it shows an arrival time of 9:20. The first aircraft that I saw when I got to the park was an AA A321.

Anyone get the Azal? And does anyone want to take a stab at explaining what I'm missing here? The only A321 that came in around that time, USAir 20342(that was the in the new AA paint that I saw), came in BEFORE Azal, at 9:10. So I have no idea what happened.

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    FR24 Shows it landing at 8:59. :(
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Yup! I was tracking her as I was waiting for my departure flight, and she was well ahead of her scheduled time of arrival. Maybe you had better luck with her departing.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet