Thread: #TBT: The Little Airport That Could: La Guardia’s Tri-Jet Heavies

Post #TBT: The Little Airport That Could: La Guardia’s Tri-Jet Heavies

NYCAviation:
    #TBT: The Little Airport That Could: La Guardia’s Tri-Jet Heavies

The story of how widebody tri-jets showed up at LGA, and how they drifted away, as told and wonderfully illustrated by planespotters.
    [Click to Read Full Article]

Great article, Brian, it's always nice to see what other Purdue alums are up to. My roommate freshman year went through the AvTech program and now flies A320's for B6.

I remember riding the Expressway Visual in a DL L-1011 coming from CVG in '97 and we hit a significant air pocket turning onto base and dropped what felt like 50 feet in an instant. I looked across 10 rows of seats to see nothing but hi rise apartment buildings through the opposite window as the guy in front of me shouted "Holy S**t!" Then we landed and heard "Thank you for choosing Delta Tristar service, welcome to New York" lol I'll never forget that

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    I remember standing on the LGA observation deck when I was a kid and watching all these Tri-Jet heavies. The small field made them look even bigger than they were! What a loss to the aviation world-- L-1011s, DC-10s and Observation decks.
    -Don B.