Thread: Kigman, Az boneyard (img & vid heavy)

Kigman, Az boneyard (img & vid heavy)

Had the joy of having to go to Kingman, Az (IGM) for a few days for work last week. It was up there with one of the coolest places I have had to travel to for my job.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Some very interesting catches there like that California Pacific E-170.
    That's a crazy sea of CRJs! I feel like it would be pretty eerie to be amongst so many large commercial jets just sitting there in silence.

Nice to see the California Pacific bird! I was wondering where she was. That is weird story about trying to start an airline at a unique airport, KCLD/KCRQ Carlsbad, CA. They got the plane before they got FAA approval and the plane sat on the ramp for a long time and was finally moved to storage without every flying a revenue flight. They still have a ticket gate at the airport.

Thumbnails created by the JetPhotos.net BBCode Generator
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net

Quote Originally Posted by JDANDO View Post
    Nice to see the California Pacific bird! I was wondering where she was. That is weird story about trying to start an airline at a unique airport, KCLD/KCRQ Carlsbad, CA. They got the plane before they got FAA approval and the plane sat on the ramp for a long time and was finally moved to storage without every flying a revenue flight. They still have a ticket gate at the airport.

Thumbnails created by the JetPhotos.net BBCode Generator
    Yeah, I hear now there are some money issues involved on top of the faa

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Nice work, I love visiting IGM. I sat there while they chopped up the TW Tristars. It was very sad.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

In 1995, while motoring from PHX to Tucson, we passed by the boneyard at Marana. I sadly noticed old Aer Lingus as well as KLM B742's. These were my 2 favorite liveries during the 80s arriving daily at JFK when I spotted daily every summer. It broke my heart to see this. I imagine that these once beautiful aircraft have been broken-up and are gone.