Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US-Africa Summit ADW Shots, and visual Recap

US-Africa Summit ADW Shots, and visual Recap

Greetings,
    I finally got back home this evening from a four day trip to the DC area to clean up on some African VIPs but also to visit Patuxent NAS to get some P-8s- that that post to come.

While Photographing the African Summit Aircraft I did not expect to pull many new ones, maybe 1 or 2. Mainly because I have archived about 85 to 90 percent of the counties in Africa now in my collection. That is exactly what happened. Out of all the visitors only 2 aircraft were new for me. In fact 2 new countries. Mali B737 and the Mauritania B737. I can't be bothered with generic Corporate Biz jets from countries I already have without state marking so I left the few that were there alone. I was very very disappointed to see Mali show up with a B737 instead of the 727 they have been seen flying around in. And of course The Congo 707 and the Gambia IL62 shows up. To think what I put myself to get those in past years even flying to MIA to shoot the Congo 707 only to get it again at the UNGA a few months later. The three aircraft/countries I wished to see and get their aircraft never showed- How Ironic. Getting that Mali is a sweet yet a bitter success. Its very disappointing to see African lose so many amazing aircraft over the last few years. Examples Angola went from 707 to a GLEX DTA001 or Togo to a lease Burkina Faso F7X, Gabon from a DC-8 to a B772 on and on and on times change.

You can see the Countries I need A plane from on the continent. There are not many left. Most of the remaining counties I need either don't have planes or hold poor examples titless biz jets etc.
    https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3898/...73b46203_o.jpg

Anyway Got 2 new Aircraft/countries.
    I will also post shots of the Gambia and the Congo along with the Mali and the Mauritania Airlines.

Mali B737 P4-PRM

Mauritania Airlines B737 5T-CLC

Gambia IL62 C5-RTG

Democratic Republic of the Congo

N777AS (Only posted because its in updated colors)

USAF E4B 73-676
    (my billionth shot of one)

The following aircraft are what I visually spotted in and around ADW.during the time I was there.
    I am sure I forgot a few and some other came in and left not on my watch
    This is what I spotted (Give about 2 -4 more)

Gambia IL62
    Congo B762
    Democratic Republic of the Congo B701
    Tunisia F7X
    Burkina Faso B722
    Togo F7X (Burkina Faso Reg)
    Namibia F7X
    Equatorial Guinea Ceiba B772
    Guinea A320 (Portugal reg)
    South Africa B737
    Nigeria B737
    Mauritania B737
    Mali B737
    Tchad N767KS
    N777AS (NC)
    Libya F900
    Ethiopia B752
    Senegal A319
    Swaziland MD80
    Gabon B772
    Benin B738
    Angola F7X
    ROJ005 B737 (OPF???)

Senga
    Last edited by SengaB; 2014-08-07 at 01:02 PM.

Wow! Very cool Senga! I was hoping someone was able to catch some of these aircraft.
    Any one of those catches would have been my "catch of the year".

Did Uganda send in their G-V and do you know what type of plane (if any) Kenya brought?
    I know they have a Fokker 70 (KAF308) but I wouldn't think they would fly it here (Lajes-North America is a real stretch for a F70).

Senga .... Awesome and great collection of African visitors. The light on the Congo 707 is so sweet. When it comes to hunting down aircraft for your collection you are second to none! Well done!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Senga, thanks for these... my favorite being the B707 which gives me home we will see it at JFK this September ... fingers crossed!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Outstanding stuff Senga!!!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Those are some great and very rare catches, Senga! I cordially invite you, and your Il62 & 707-attracting persona, to join us for UNGA next month :)

Thanks all,

Kiffy,
    I did'nt see anything about Uganda personally. But The Kenya and the Ghana Fokker and Niger B732 are the three I was dying to get. What a disappointment. it would have been nice to get at least one of them. Maybe they went to another airport if they came in at all.

Megatop,
    I'll be out there. I can't do it like I used for 10 years or so I think 2003-1013 2 everyday for nearly 2 weeks. I just don't have the energy to do that anymore. The planes now by and large are just not worth it. But yes I will be in and around :) I used to be excited and would count down the days in anticipation. Now its the exact opposite I count down the days dreading each one that gets closer to the start.

Senga

My god! That IL-62.......

The Ghana Fokker and Niger B732 are good looking birds. I was lucky enough to see the Kenya F70 at least a half a dozen times while I was in Kenya; although all the times I saw it in Nairobi I wasn't in an appropriate place to whip out a DSLR. I also got to see it several times around Nyeri/Nanyuki doing circuits (mostly at night).
    Then finally I was able to get a (distant) shot of it while I was spotting at Nanyuki Airstrip.

I was surprised how active it was.

Very nice, Senga!

Kiffy,
    Don't scare me like that! :)
    When I first saw your shot I was like. Ohhh CRAAAAAAAP I missed it! But then I saw you shot it in Kenya. That is one of the aircraft that i was hoping would show up during the summit but did not :( What a nice looking aircraft.

Senga

Haha sorry man, I should have made a disclaimer.
    Lets hope it shows up at the UNGA this year.

Very nice variety there Senga, thanks for sharing those rare birds with us!

No problem Kiffy. You didn't do anything wrong :) I have always liked Fokker jets. That F70 would probably be my shot of the year if I could get it. I think this UNGA is going to be one of the worst ones yet.
    Senga

Well finally I finished editing my pics. Very disappointed I couldn't catch Gambia which came in after the events started so no one was out and departed in unknown time. Overall I was pleased with what I got to the point I don't have to come to NY and camp for three to four days. Right now I am only pressed for Gambia, Iran, Libya and Zimbabwe which the last two I can track and make a move if needed. I am really surprised no one from NY or anywhere else showed up for this. Here is my highlights,

Guinee01

NAM01

Nigeria01

Mali01

ETH8500

Equatorial Guinea

Please everyone standing ovation for the highlight of the show DRC01

SNG01

Gabon

Morocco

I was very disapointed with this Libya

Benin

Then just before processing my last picture of Burkina Faso 727, my newly updated windows 8.1 crashed. No worries everything is backed up and also still in the camera so image is not lost. Other highlights while at Andrews,

Peace.