Thread: Canon T2i Motherboard Replacement

Canon T2i Motherboard Replacement

Greetings,

I have a friend who owns a Canon T2i. He had a mishap with her camera and the motherboard needs to be replaced. A technician advised him to send it to Canon for repair. Has anyone sent a camera to the manufacturer for repair? Any idea how much it may cost? Is it really worthy? I need some guidance in order to help my friend to decide what to do.

Thanks!

Jose L. Henriquez
    Jose L. Henriquez

Quote Originally Posted by Jhenriquez28 View Post
    Greetings,

I have a friend who owns a Canon T2i. He had a mishap with her camera and the motherboard needs to be replaced. A technician advised him to send it to Canon for repair. Has anyone sent a camera to the manufacturer for repair? Any idea how much it may cost? Is it really worthy? I need some guidance in order to help my friend to decide what to do.

Thanks!

Jose L. Henriquez
    Hi Jose,

Canon charges something like $189 just to look into an issue, which may not necessarily cover the cost of parts. When my 1DmIII stopped functioning properly (I believe out of warranty), I had it fixed for that amount and they replaced the motherboard. If he lives somewhat close to Central NJ, he can just bring it into their Jamesburg facility...otherwise he can ship it in and they can ship it back.

Cary
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Thanks, Cary.
    Jose L. Henriquez