Thread: FAA Curbs All US Carriers Into Israel for 24 Hours

FAA Curbs All US Carriers Into Israel for 24 Hours

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/22/travel...html?hpt=hp_c2

This is pretty big aviation news but nothing posted here anywhere about it or any thoughts or discussion!!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    There is SO much stuff going on right now! no flights into Israel? Tripoli Airport is a shambles. MH17, Syria?!

And whats even worse in the USA today?! This!!! http://www.ibtimes.com/beyonce-jay-z...rvivor-1635674
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    There is SO much stuff going on right now! no flights into Israel? Tripoli Airport is a shambles. MH17, Syria?!
    I understand but the topic was specific!! Oh well......

Saw Mike Bloombergs interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN tonite from Tel Aviv!! Very interesting!! Bloomberg sparred with the Wolfman pretty good!! He flew in on El Al last night!! I have good friends who left on El Al tonite, family friends already there who will be coming home next week and my wife has relatives that live there!! We have tentative plans to fly there next summer!! Wont say i wouldnt be a little nervous if we do go though it is a ways out!!
    Also didnt realize that even private planes with US Registry are banned from flying to Israel!!

Was at the dr's office last night when he told me his wife is stuck with their kids over there, having spent a good amount of time in a bomb shelter. He was trying to get them on a flight out of there when the FAA restriction was laid down

What the hell is wrong with this world anymore

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Just another power move by the Obama to get Israel to stop their ground offensive. An FAA ban on flying into Israel? Laughable.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

It's ok so far to fly over Ukraine....No passenger aircraft was hit while flying to/from Israel and FAA stops all...
    MH17 was hit while flying over war zone in Ukraine - no worries for FAA...
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Just saying I can't keep up with the news this week. Just nuts!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Just another power move by the Obama to get Israel to stop their ground offensive. An FAA ban on flying into Israel? Laughable.
    That's just another phony scandal, NOT a smidgen of corruption!

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Hey you sound like Ted Cruz LOL http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mid...s-fire-n163231

Of course FAA denies they had any advise from the White House. And Delta actually was the first to stop flying when they turned a B747 around over the Mediterranean and landed in Paris. This way before FAA made any announcement!!
    And of the spectre of MA Flight 17 definitely have played into their decision though they are more worried about a stray missile hitting a parked plane filled with passengers than one flying. The missiles Hamas are shooting have no precise directional ability!! Just shoot them up and see where they land!!
    Yeah crazy times!!

And curious about Spotting at TLV to go to another aspect of this grounding and getting away from the political side for a moment. Anyone ever Spotted there? I seem to remember someone posted a thread on here of pictures from TLV some time back!!

FAA announced flights now can resume!!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    PM Netanyahu's spokesman just schooled Wolf Blitzer. Every time Wolf tried to infer the airfield is unsafe because of Hamas telling CNN 5 rockets have been fired nearby the spokesman said not one came close before it was destroyed. The IDF is so bad ass!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

near ESS/EDLE, DUS/EDDL and CGN/EDDK, Germany
    As far as I know the two German carriers flying to Tel Aviv (LH & AB) stopped flights, too. German media reported that a rocket from Gaza hit nearby the Tel Aviv Airport. At that time it was clearly the Israeli protection does not work 100%. At that point the Delta 747 must have turned around. Just think about what must have been on the pilots minds. Just days after MH17 with uncertainty it the Israeli protection works at the time you are on approach to TLV.