Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Malaysian 777 crash in Russia

Malaysian 777 crash in Russia

Seeing reports of a Malaysian 777 with 280 pax and 15 crew down in Ukraine near the Russian border

Possibly MAS 17 AMS-KUL
    Last edited by Ari707; 2014-07-17 at 11:29 AM.
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

Seems as if it's been all but confirmed that it's Flight 17. Not sure if the rumors of surface to air missile activity are true, but apparently two Ukranian aircraft have been shot down in that area in the past few days.

Got photos of MRD at EWR in 2002 I guess it was the "Freedom Space" painted one.
    2014/07/17 10:21 MAS17 - 9M-MRD Malaysia B772 Wow very strange 2 lost in such a short time frame. Registration is 9M-MRD.
    Senga
    Last edited by SengaB; 2014-07-17 at 12:27 PM.

Post BREAKING: Malaysian 777 Shot Down Over Ukraine

NYCAviation:
    BREAKING: Malaysian 777 Shot Down Over Ukraine

Multiple agencies are reporting that a Malaysian Airlines 777-200 (registered 9M-MRD) has been shot down by a surface-to-air missile over eastern Ukraine, an area that has been a recent hotbed of violence. Malaysian Flight 17 was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was reported to have 280 passengers, a crew of 15, and traveling at […]
    [Click to Read Full Article]

Looks like it was this aircraft:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/9MMRD

[URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Reports say that it was shot down by a missile of some sort, as was a cargo plane on Monday. Coincidentally, a minister (from Ukraine?) was reported to have said they "just shot down an enemy aircraft" around the time this plane went down.

RIP to all the gone.

OMG what has happened to this world..... First, Malaysian Air 370, now Malaysian Air 17! This may be some evidence to another Malaysian 370 conspiracy theory. Do you think this is a conspiracy against Malaysian Air or do you think this is just coincidental? It sucks that this is what people do nowadays to a plane that is originating and arriving into countries in which Ukraine or Russia has nothing to do with them! We lost 295 lives and a really beautiful special livery!

RIP to those 295 lives and the beautiful 9M-MRD!

Pictures of the wreckage seem to indicate that the aircraft was no longer painted in a special livery, and is consistent with a high altitude aerial breakup of some sort. There are bodies scatted around the wreckage with images being shown on the 24 hour news networks.

Regardless, it's a terrible and senseless loss of life, RIP to all who were lost.

FYI:

Some interesting facts about the MAS B772 :

First flight : 7.17.1997
    Last flight : 7.17.2014
    Flightno: MH17
    Plane Age: 17 years

not too many "17's"?
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

This is just horrific and heartbreaking. My thoughts are out to those families. I can't even fathom what on earth went wrong to have a missile strike a 777.

Here is 9M-MRD departing LAX just a few months ago:
    Adam Sheinhaus

Quote Originally Posted by adscram14 View Post
    This is just horrific and heartbreaking. My thoughts are out to those families. I can't even fathom what on earth went wrong to have a missile strike a 777.

Here is 9M-MRD departing LAX just a few months ago:
    Based on deleted Facebook posts by Russian separatists, they thought it was a Ukrainian military plane and boasted about the shoot down, saying 'stay out of our airspace'. They then deleted it and denied the post after news came out that it was an airliner. Also, happened 18 years to the day of TWA 800. Creepy.

Anyway...Russia has locked down the crash site and sent the black boxes to Moscow, according to the news right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TriStatePlaneSpotting View Post
    This may be some evidence to another Malaysian 370 conspiracy theory. Do you think this is a conspiracy against Malaysian Air or do you think this is just coincidental?
    I think that

1. There is no conspiracy, it's an active civil war zone, and this is not the first time that a commercial airliner gets shot down by mistake (or by "mistake"). There is no evidence of anything.

2. Your age must be between 13 and 16.

Seriously, starting to discuss conspiracy theories and actively sparking debate when the coroner hasn't even finished counting bodies is immature and not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen View Post
    Based on deleted Facebook posts by Russian separatists, they thought it was a Ukrainian military plane and boasted about the shoot down, saying 'stay out of our airspace'. They then deleted it and denied the post after news came out that it was an airliner. Also, happened 18 years to the day of TWA 800. Creepy.
    The problem is that either side could have done it to blame the other, or to finally get other countries to intervene. Both have pretty much the same Russian equipment, so remains of any missile won't clear up right away who did it. And with this kind of publicity there won't be any more boasting of who did it, but rather just finger pointing.

RIP.

Based on deleted Facebook posts by Russian separatists, they thought it was a Ukrainian military plane and boasted about the shoot down, saying 'stay out of our airspace'. They then deleted it and denied the post after news came out that it was an airliner.
    Facebook and Youtube are very credible...for WHO??? WHO?...I don't hear.....

Anyway...Russia has locked down the crash site and sent the black boxes to Moscow, according to the news right now.
    How did Russia locked down the crash site in another country? "News" says that? "My Radio Talks To Me"...

"News" - New York Daily News:

http://nydn.us/1nBg8QF:

A Ukrainian official said the commercial airliner was shot down by a Russian-made Buk missile battery.
    Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said the plane was brought down in an act of terrorism.
    Rush making such claims without any investigation - looks like did it those, who DO ALREADY KNOW ALL ABOUT......

Uh not sure where you read that. The scene is a mess and being contaminated by the locals walking all over the place!! Sucks for them because lots of hazardous materials in the crash site!! Saw some local FD working with hoses and they didnt even have any bunker gear, helmets, masks to protect themselves!! Just saw pictures of rescue guys and photographers just walking on the hot smoking debris!! Thats just crazy!!

Quote Originally Posted by felipegcmh View Post
    Seriously, starting to discuss conspiracy theories and actively sparking debate when the coroner hasn't even finished counting bodies is immature and not cool.
    You must have never read the A.net forums...