Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Malaysian 777 crash in Russia

I'm confused by "went way north than usual." Routes changes every day. What is "usual?"
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    I'm confused by "went way north than usual." Routes changes every day. What is "usual?"
    Phil,

Why you're confused? Your article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1871372

And from that article:

Currently, it is not yet confirmed exactly which notices were in place before the accident, what decisions and determinations Malaysia Airlines operations made in the planning phase of the flight, or what airspace or weather constraints may have forced the aircraft through the region.
    Day of the crash, and after reading your article, I've checked Flightaware 10 and more days prior July 17 of that flight...All pattern of that flight were close to shoreline on Black Sea...All of 10-20 flights before day of the crash...
    On July 17 it went ~300 miles north of usual route...It's not "weather constraints"...as in your article...

and...

I think they moved on from it just like any other news event. We know what caused it and that's that. Being a big deal in our minds doesn't mean that the rest of the world will follow suit, unfortunately.

Both Malaysian incidents are still discussed on the news in Southeast Asia daily, btw.
    This event, from first day was followed by "event in 1983 - Korean 747"...It's not Propaganda purposes..."just a reminder"...

Some didn't forget from the 1st day of MH17 crash "event" years ago...but, when black boxes were given to "International investigators" - "they moved on"....Silence...

I'm sorry Phil, just a question:

Was 9/11 - "just another news event" to you?

I think they moved on from it just like any other news event.
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

My point is that there is no "usual" route, as the decision of routes are made each day based on various constraints. And it's not just weather that decides routes...it comes down to wind, fuel constraints, airspace constraints, ATC requirements, cost and ability to obtain international overflight permits, volcanoes, conflict zones, maintenance issues, mountain heights, even hazmat on your aircraft, and more. You cited my article, but no where did I say that there was a "usual" route. You tell me it wasn't weather...how many year have you been dispatching aircraft to know what you're talking about?

So I was just trying to see what you meant by that. Instead of explaining, you shot back all defensive, and played a 9/11 card. Seriously?

Though MH17 is a big deal to us as people in aviation, foreign plane crashes are just other news events to the mainstream media around here. I said that, not saying it is MY view, but that I feel that's how the mainstream media looks at it. I even said in my previous post that it wasn't MY view, yet you replied to me as though it was, with accusation and rude questions.

But while you're at it, MH17 and 9/11 are NOTHING alike, and compared, MH17 is tiny, being one plane that was one plane shot down (probably accidentally by incompetence), versus 4 planes, almost 3,000 people, 220 stories of skyscraper, about a dozen buildings, several violent stabbings to overtake the aircraft in an intentional plot to appear on live TV in front of millions. How do the two even compare? And how rude are you to ask me that? How is that even relevant?

Though MH17 is a big deal to us as people in aviation, foreign plane crashes are just other news events to the mainstream media around here. I said that, not saying it is MY view, but that I feel that's how the mainstream media looks at it
    The story will stay relevant as long as it remains interesting or until the news cycle changes (another big story). I actually saw a story about the other MH flight, 37?, and though we hear nothing the search STILL continues, its now in the hands of the Australian govt and I could guarantee if something breaking happened the news would be all over it again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras B. View Post
    How were all the normal rules followed in MH17 crash?
    I don't think it's reasonable to expect the following of normal rules in a war zone(or in any area that doesn't concern itself with the rule of law). Look at all the crash sites that aren't assigned protective personnel- they are looted, with scavengers combing over the the wreckage(and the dead) like they're at a damn swap meet, compromising the entire scene

Tragedy? What is IT?

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Maria Remarque
    The death of one man is a tragedy.
    The death of millions is a statistic.
    Phil...you play "statistics - what isn't a Tragedy...To You and to many others...Is it rude or not...

I bet...if drunk driver would kill your relative, MH17 or 9/11 would be less tragedy to you...

If your relative would be killed by drunk driver and I would say to you: "who cares about your relative while there were more deaths(Statistics) in 9/11 or MH17"...I would be rude to you...wouldn't I?

What's more important to you? Monetary Damage - buildings, planes - in 9/11...MH17 - STATS... or A One Single Human's Death?

4 planes are you more important versus MH17? Less people in MH17 versus 9/11 plus less 3 planes in Monetary Damages...

Don't you think...that relatives of those who died in MH17 can you call rude when you tell that 9/11 was "bigger tragedy"?

Think about...Am I still rude?

But while you're at it, MH17 and 9/11 are NOTHING alike, and compared, MH17 is tiny, being one plane that was one plane shot down (probably accidentally by incompetence), versus 4 planes, almost 3,000 people, 220 stories of skyscraper, about a dozen buildings, several violent stabbings to overtake the aircraft in an intentional plot to appear on live TV in front of millions. How do the two even compare? And how rude are you to ask me that? How is that even relevant?
    Last edited by Gintaras B.; 2014-09-13 at 03:27 PM.
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Dutch Safety Board Premlinary Report

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras B. View Post
    Phil...you play "statistics - what isn't a Tragedy...To You and to many others...Is it rude or not...

I bet...if drunk driver would kill your relative, MH17 or 9/11 would be less tragedy to you...

If your relative would be killed by drunk driver and I would say to you: "who cares about your relative while there were more deaths(Statistics) in 9/11 or MH17"...I would be rude to you...wouldn't I?

What's more important to you? Monetary Damage - buildings, planes - in 9/11...MH17 - STATS... or A One Single Human's Death?

4 planes are you more important versus MH17? Less people in MH17 versus 9/11 plus less 3 planes in Monetary Damages...

Don't you think...that relatives of those who died in MH17 can you call rude when you tell that 9/11 was "bigger tragedy"?

Think about...Am I still rude?
    Yes, it is different if you have a connection to it. I am looking at it from a statistical perspective. Again, you're missing the entire point. You're shooting the messenger by coming after me for pointing out what the MEDIA feels, not me.

So because you're coming after me and attacking something that IS very personal to me, YES, you are not only being rude, but you are being something that I won't say on this message board.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

So because you're coming after me and attacking something that IS very personal to me, YES, you are not only being rude, but you are being something that I won't say on this message board.
    Phil, I'm not attacking you neither I'm coming after you...It's a discussion and looks that we both have different views from different perspectives...I wouldn't want to have any further discussion here...it's ok on PM...with some kind of discussion diplomacy...

I can publicly apologize to you if you feel offended by me...And... I do not want to have any kind of anger on each other....