Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Malaysian 777 crash in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Uh not sure where you read that. The scene is a mess and being contaminated by the locals walking all over the place!! Sucks for them because lots of hazardous materials in the crash site!! Saw some local FD working with hoses and they didnt even have any bunker gear, helmets, masks to protect themselves!! Just saw pictures of rescue guys and photographers just walking on the hot smoking debris!! Thats just crazy!!
    Read, no. But it was a topic of discussion in the breaking news when I made the comment five hours ago. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras B. View Post
    Facebook and Youtube are very credible...for WHO??? WHO?...I don't hear.....

How did Russia locked down the crash site in another country? "News" says that? "My Radio Talks To Me"...

"News" - New York Daily News:

http://nydn.us/1nBg8QF:

Rush making such claims without any investigation - looks like did it those, who DO ALREADY KNOW ALL ABOUT......
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-fly-sky.html

"Laughing rebels filmed the plane as it crashed, gleefully bragging ‘That was a blast – look at the smoke!’ while a fireball rose from the debris.
    One of the voices is believed to be militia commander Igor Strelkov, who then penned a triumphant war cry on Twitter, saying: ‘We warned you – do not fly in “our sky”.’
    A sickening mobile phone video posted online shows a pall of black smoke billowing over the crash site as three rebels provide an excited commentary.
    The extraordinary footage – apparently filmed by the shooters themselves – charts the terrible final moments of the doomed airliner."

You were saying?

I don't think the scene is "locked down" per se, but sources have been indicating most of the day that the rebels in the area are not allowing Ukrainian government officials into the area, and there have been claims that the black boxes have been found and are on their way to Moscow. I don't think "Russia" is locking it down, but it wouldn't be surprising if some of their special operations/KGB types are down there helping the rebels hold security. I'm guessing that's the root of the "locked down by Russia" rumor.

By now US officials have confirmed that it was some form of BUK missile (likely via boots on the ground intel sources and/or satellite surveillance) fired by someone other than the Ukrainian armed forces. I think the question now has shifted to who pulled the trigger and why... I'm sure the next few days will be full of accusations, propaganda, and misinformation regardless of what really happened.

Folks,

Let's please be sensitive about this incident. Children have perished in this event. Unless I am mistaken none of you are involved in the investigation so everything being said here is purely speculative. I try to avoid opining about causal factors until there is some consensus among investigative bodies(not youtube or facebook), and the process tends to take weeks/months/years, not hours.

God Bless the passengers and crew.

The Daily Mail is like the British version of the NY Post!! Take what they write with lots of speculation.
    Actually there are recordings of pro-Russian separatists discussing the attack!! Heard them on CNN. Very chilling!! Sounds like these idiots thought it was a military plane and fired away, then as the debris came down they realized their mistake!! THis is what happens when you let amateurs operate sophisticated weaponry with no supervision.

[QUOTE=captmjk16;501934]I don't think the scene is "locked down" per se, but sources have been indicating most of the day that the rebels in the area are not allowing Ukrainian government officials into the area,[QUOTE]

Have you seen pictures? Its not locked down at all!! Its like a friggin tourist attraction!! People climbing over everything!! Amazing and awful!!

THis is what happens when you let amateurs operate sophisticated weaponry with no supervision.
    Tell that to the US Navy...

The Daily Mail is like the British version of the NY Post!! Take what they write with lots of speculation.
    Actually there are recordings of pro-Russian separatists discussing the attack!! Heard them on CNN. Very chilling!! Sounds like these idiots thought it was a military plane and fired away, then as the debris came down they realized their mistake!! THis is what happens when you let amateurs operate sophisticated weaponry with no supervision.
    You ding the Daily Mail for speculation then cite CNN? :p

Seriously, though, the part I posted isn't speculation. The video exists, as you just backed up with what you saw on TV, and screenshots exist of that post by the separatist leader (and we know it's his account). As for the people climbing all over the wreckage...who are the people? Residents of that area? Other separatists? Were they let in or already present in the general area when it happened? Ten miles is a wide area. Just because you see people in pictures, it doesn't mean what numerous sources are reporting (including Ukraine) is inaccurate. I'm not getting the desperation for denial...but people are getting upset to the point of lashing out and personal attacks when information that conflicts with their take on the incident is posted.
    Last edited by Perriwen; 2014-07-17 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captmjk16 View Post
    I don't think the scene is "locked down" per se, but sources have been indicating most of the day that the rebels in the area are not allowing Ukrainian government officials into the area,
    Have you seen pictures? Its not locked down at all!! Its like a friggin tourist attraction!! People climbing over everything!! Amazing and awful!!
    I've seen the pictures, it's a tourist attraction to those in the area, but all the reports indicate that they're not letting government officials from Ukraine anywhere near the debris. Like I said, closed to government officials and investigative authorities, but not to everyone living nearby. I'm under the impression from further reports and footage that the separatist rebels have been attempting to keep people away from the wreckage more as time has gone on.

And Moose, that's so relevant and worth noting. This is a mistake (Or "mistake" depending on whose side you're on) that has been made in the past by the US, Russia, and Ukraine (among others) by highly trained military forces, albeit with less sophisticated equipment than most of the missiles in use today.

Regardless of intent or origin, this is certainly a tragedy and my thoughts are with all those who lost friends, family, and loved ones today.

Quote Originally Posted by captmjk16 View Post
    I've seen the pictures, it's a tourist attraction to those in the area, but all the reports indicate that they're not letting government officials from Ukraine anywhere near the debris. Like I said, closed to government officials and investigative authorities, but not to everyone living nearby. I'm under the impression from further reports and footage that the separatist rebels have been attempting to keep people away from the wreckage more as time has gone on.
    Yup, and as time goes on the crime scene gets more and more contaminated!!
    Oh and I will take CNN over the Daily Mail ANYTIME!!

...and still no one knows anything ...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    ...and still no one knows anything ...
    ....Except those, who did it.....
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

....Except those, who did it.....
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/18/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

I saw the one guy on CNN and he said everyone walked away from the scene ashen!! The bodies just lying there was horrible!!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/18/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

I saw the one guy on CNN and he said everyone walked away from the scene ashen!! The bodies just lying there was horrible!!
    CNN isn't news channel - it's a TV Propaganda channel for shape people's minds to one or other direction....

Best article so far on so-called major news outlet I've seen, it was:

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 tragedy raises many questions written by a some guy named Phil Derner - do you know him?...

Gerard, CNN and other do use terms: "Pro-Russia"...if there is "Pro-Russia",then it should be "Against-Russia"??? Who does need that? Think about...
    In Reality, In Ukraine are - Fascist Government forces and Anti-Fascist - anti Ukrainian Fascist Government...and hundreds and thousands fleeing people a DAY of russians from "FREE" Ukraine...- does CNN, BBC cover that?

Why should those so-called terrorists, separatists to give anything to CNN, BBC?

Gerard, if you've been robbed, would you submit evidence to thieves that have robbed you?

At the End...CNN id Full of ****...
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

At the End...CNN id Full of ****...
    Sorry you believe that!!