Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 LGA Kiwanis Kids Day - September 20th

I'll be there, probably shortly after 2pm.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Phil - it was great seeing you there!

Had a great time there, my kids favorite parts were the American Eagle because they had the a/c pumping inside and we just sat and rested in first class for a good 15 minute. and Delta because they were giving out goody bags with snacks.

Do the planes go through security checks after, since there is no security going in to kids day, and its not that hard to see where the planes are going next, it wouldn't be that hard to leave something in a sea tback pocket or someplace like that for someone on the next flight?
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

I'm sure they go through some sort of sweep prior to being returned to 121 service.

Thanks to everyone who came this year, it was a great day! I hope those of you who had a chance to check out the helicopter enjoyed it. Sorry it had to depart early, as something came up last-minute. Still, the other pilot kindly flew it back for me, so I was able to enjoy the entire event.

I'm working on bringing another helicopter to EWR for Newark Airport Day in two weeks (Saturday, Oct. 4th). Does anyone know if the EWR PANYNJ people encourage aircraft to fly in?

Great seeing you folks! wish I gott o hang out more. Was great to see tons of people and aircraft.

And yes, even without the event, aircraft go through security checks regularly before flights. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

It was a fun day despite cutbacks from previous years. Saw Phil by the Delta A319. The kids loved being photographed sitting in the captains' seat. We boarded American B752, N185AN, which was later ferried over to JFK and later departed for MAN. Very cordial crew giving us coloring books, crayons, luggage tags, beverages, etc. Also in attendance, was US Airways N712US,an A319; this instead of the usual "Smiley Jack" PSA aircraft. Delta had an A319 also, N301NB, although the crew aboard was not very cordial. Everything went smoothly and LGA was up and down on Rwy 13, but didn't notice any special UN GA aircraft or any special liveries.

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Great seeing friends old and new at the event! And was nice to meet Phil there.
    -Don B.

No pictures?

Here are some photos from my flight into LGA (sorry for the low quality):

Nice shots HeliDriver especially the ones coming into LGA!! A definite unique perspective.
    Thanks!!