LIKEhansa! FUNhansa! Fanhansa makes one of several visits to Chicago O'Hare International Airport!! This is the first time in 60 years of operations that a Lufthansa aircraft has sported a promotional livery that changes the name on the side. Special paint schemes for Lufthansa are rare in the first place as well. A total of eight aircraft have received the Fanhansa livery in celebration of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Soccer/Futbol Championship.

Lufthansa Airlines is flying/has flown the German national team to Brazil as well as thousands of fans, media, reps, officials, etc. Fanhansa promotionals are also taking place.
Source:
http://www.lufthansagroup.com/en/pre...icle/2973.html

NOTE: Yeah, a few of these Lufthansa airplanes painted with this special logo have made visits to Chicago O'Hare KORD / ORD already but I gotta make it official with a video for historical documentation. ;) I can't always make it out for the first flight of everything but I try to at least get a video of anything new at some point.

NOTE: The Chicago Fire Department was conducting an exercise of some sort (I think) just as I was getting ready to film this and four trucks all zoomed out of the station as I was hitting the record button. For a split second, I thought about doing Firetruck/Fanhansa Bonanza :D but I wanted to make sure I got a good video of the airliner instead because it was my first time seeing it.

Oh yeah, about the airplane's recent travels.....
Lufthansa "Fanhansa" Boeing 747-8 747-830 D-ABYO (cn 37841/1498) Arrival / Landing as DLH#430 from Frankfurt EDDF / FRA. Departure / Takeoff as DLH#431 back to EDDF.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DABYO This registration has seen some interesting travels. Check it out on airliners.net for fun!

Recently visited: Frankfurt International Airport EDDF / FRA, Los Angeles International Airport KLAX / LAX, Sao Paulo International Airport SBGR / GRU, Benito Juarez Mexico City International Airport MMMX / MEX, Hong Kong International Airport VHHH / HKG, Bengaluru Airport VOBL / BLR

------------------------------------------
This video is the property of O'HareAviation Plane Spotting & Flight Tracking.
It may not be used in any way without permission.
ORD AIRPORT WATCH
Chicago O'Hare Airport Crime Prevention Unit / Bensenville Police Dept.
Planespotting from Chicago O'Hare International Airport KORD / ORD 2014
© O'HareAviation 2014