Thread: MCI

MCI

Flew out to Kansas city, Mo for work.
    Flight out was on an a320
    Flew home in the jumpseat of a Crj900

One of southwests 737s with the new winglet from our flightdeck

Takeoff out of MCI

Landing in Dtw

That -900 is so long you must not be able to be more than a few degrees pitch up on landing, similar to the A346 I would think

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    That -900 is so long you must not be able to be more than a few degrees pitch up on landing, similar to the A346 I would think
    I'm not to sure. I don't think its that big of a factor though. The MLG sits pretty far back. So far I have never seen the indicator popped on the supplemental gear in the back.

I once shut down the main runway at MCI when tail high we blew a tire on takeoff in the DC3,it was extremely violent and I was blessed to keep her on the runway, it took a crane to clear us off($$$), the vibrations were so severe that one of our fuel tanks cracked resulting in a HAZMAT situation,not one of our better days. We ended up getting a ferry permit the next day and flying her back to KPTK VFR with a WAC chart in our laps,at 1500 feet agl,so at least we got some fun out of it.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!