Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: KPHL Rare Visitors (ACTIVE)

Drumroll please............................................ ................................... Today's set:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/124931...7645300092938/

That's too bad about AF6. They filed a diversion to PHL, but then un-diverted and continued on to JFK.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

I skipped lunch waiting for diversions (I saw Swissair and a Delta 752) but I kept on telling my dad 5 minutes until 5:00 to notice it was a Flightaware phantom. I felt like an ass because my dad doesn't really like the E-190s, A320s, and 737s (unless they are the classic style 737!)

N8312C with Scimitar Winglets is about to land at PHL as flight 2501. Shedualed to depart at 6:07pm as flight 2502.
    First time I got to see them in person. Even though it was far away it look pretty cool.

I saw it too... My set will be up soon!

Just saw the FRYS 727-200 over my house at KPHL!

7/19

I had to drop someone off at the airport so I used that as a good excuse to do some spotting.
    Unfortunately it was pretty much completely overcast the whole time but I tried to make the best of it.

PHL was using the 9s.

"Speedbird 67" requested a go-around on 9R.

Flowers and foliage.

AWE1844 touching-down.

SWA departing with split winglets. From this angle it almost looks like it's missing the one ventral strake.

A Gold Finch couple hanging around.

Then the highlight of the day/week/month. It's great to see an active 727!

The Fry's/San Jose Shark's charter plane (N724YS). Not sure why it's in town...

Nice shots Kiffy. I really like your shots of that 727, i'm actually kind of jealous! I'm jealous because whenever I try to picture a plane at Atlantic, I always get attention from the cops! This marked my 3rd Atlantic questioning today in a month. Luckily, the cop knew me so h didn't chase me!

"Illinois One" just landed.

And an American 738 in Oneworld livery is about to land. It took an interesting route around the storms...

Quote Originally Posted by TriStatePlaneSpotting View Post
    Nice shots Kiffy. I really like your shots of that 727, i'm actually kind of jealous! I'm jealous because whenever I try to picture a plane at Atlantic, I always get attention from the cops! This marked my 3rd Atlantic questioning today in a month. Luckily, the cop knew me so h didn't chase me!
    Thanks and sorry to hear that. All I can say is just take the advice in the other thread and I hope those encounters don't discourage you from the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffy View Post
    "Illinois One" just landed.

And an American 738 in Oneworld livery is about to land. It took an interesting route around the storms...

Thanks and sorry to hear that. All I can say is just take the advice in the other thread and I hope those encounters don't discourage you from the hobby.

Thanks for your support Kiffy, I will never stop spotting no matter what anybody (cop or spotter) has to say (good or bad!) I will try my best to get the Atlantic stuff arriving or departing but if I have to, I will do a ground shot and try to remember the advice. As for the Illinois One and OneWorld AA, I didn't see them but I'm pretty confident I will get the Oneworld again but I am not worried about Illinois One since I already got it! I am currently planning on going early tomorrow morning to catch the DHL/ABX 762 for one of the last times I could as PHL is getting DHL service courtesy of Southern Air. I am hoping we get a 747-400 but I'm pretty skeptical. A 77W wouldn't be bad either but I wouldn't really be satisfied with a demotion to 734 service!

Both American West retros will make semi back-to-back arrivals around 12:50pm.
    N828AW
    N838AW

NFL Cardinals logojet should be returning to Philly as flight 728, eta 7:10pm.

UAL1425 should be operated by N26210 in Star Alliance livery, now delayed, eta 5:30pm.

I am currently planning on going early tomorrow morning to catch the DHL/ABX 762 for one of the last times I could as PHL is getting DHL service courtesy of Southern Air. I am hoping we get a 747-400 but I'm pretty skeptical. A 77W wouldn't be bad either but I wouldn't really be satisfied with a demotion to 734 service!
    From what I've read it seems like the new 734 service is in addition to the 762:
    http://worldairlinenews.com/2014/04/...ghter-for-dhl/
    Last edited by Kiffy; 2014-07-25 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffy View Post
    Both American West retros will make semi back-to-back arrivals around 12:50pm.
    N828AW
    N838AW

NFL Cardinals logojet should be returning to Philly as flight 728, eta 7:10pm.

UAL1425 should be operated by N26210 in Star Alliance livery, now delayed, eta 5:30pm.

From what I've read it seems like the new 734 service is in addition to the 762:
    http://worldairlinenews.com/2014/04/...ghter-for-dhl/
    According to Wikipedia, the DHL 767-200ER is going to stop coming on July 31st and will be replaced by a smaller 737-400 on August 1st! I probably won't be there for the AW retros but will try and get them departing. UAL 1425 is not going to be a Star Alliance, but United is sending a 752 at 3:15 PM to compliment yesterday's 753 arrival from KIAD! What is Arizona Cardinals logojet's reg as I may come out again for an improved shot as well as the FedEx MD-10/11 bunch as well as BAW 69!

What is Arizona Cardinals logojet's reg as I may come out again for an improved shot...
    N837AW