Thread: Parking/ Landing Fees at JFK

Question Parking/ Landing Fees at JFK

I always see an FDX B727 parked just off the VanWyck at JFK. The livery has actually been bleached by years in the sun. Does FDX have to pay fees to the PANYNJ for using the space? Likewise, does each landing aircraft have to pay a landing fee? If yes, are the rates variable according to tonnage, hours on the ground, etc.? Is there a site on-line which answers these questions? I would imagine that an A388 pays more than an A310, etc. So are fees based on total hours spent on the ground, or merely on size? What about special flights carrying dignitaries, are they exempt from fees? (Air Force 1, etc.)? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    Is there a site on-line which answers these questions?
    http://www.panynj.gov/airports/pdf/s...harges-jfk.pdf

That FedEx 727 is not owned by FedEx anymore, but is stored there for use by Aviation High school.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    The 72 I think you are referring to belongs to Aviation High School (my Alma mater). FedEx donated the defunct ship to the school and the city leases a small piece of property in a corner of the cargo area to them.
    -Don B.

Wow, that's some fee schedule... a B747-8F is one expensive ship to take off ... may be cheaper to send by truck LOL.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Landing Fee Schedules

Interesting. I thought fees were even higher. Foreign charters carrying diplomats may be exempt from fees. Never heard that FedEx aircraft was given to Aviation High. I don't believe they're even flown nowadays. Nice gift and no rental for space as well.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    There's an old Cessna 310 (with the split side window) in the same little fenced-off area as the Fedex 727.

Note those fees are only the Port Authority fees for landing. If you're using a terminal, you've got to pay a separate set of fees to the terminal operator (assuming you're not one of AA, UA, B6 at T5, DL at T2, LH, AF, KE, or JL, each of whom have an ownership stake in their respective terminals).