Thread: JFK 5/25/2014

JFK 5/25/2014

It was a beautiful day to spot yesterday. They were using the 22's all day for arrivals which was awesome. They used 22R for some heavies mid-morning until about 3 allowing for awesome lighting and the switched to primarily 22L for the evening push. It was great to meet Gintaras, Manny and Mark as well.

First the 22R arrivals

4 787s...

The specials

The World Cup Sticker

The split scimitar

And lastly some planes I was excited to see

[img]<https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2915/14299562543_3cccd066d6_b.jpg[/img]

(The 737-600 was the last 737 model I needed to photograph)

I have a T4i, so this was kinda of pushing it for my camera, but I just had to get the Korean 380. With my battery running low, I didn't want to get cute so I pushed the ISO to 1600.

A special thanks to Manny for the heads up about the Korean A380. The battery on my phone died and I forgot about this arrival. I was about to head home before he told me it was coming in.
    Last edited by Fly; 2014-05-27 at 12:41 AM.

Nice Shots!!

Markus
    Life is About Kicking Ass, not Kissing It

Visit Munich Aviation Spotters and Runway26 Productions on Facebook

Nice shots/catches.

I do need to get some of airplanes you did catch.

I was puzzled by seeing this morning your photo of that Korean A380, which actually very good photo taken in late evening.
    Last nite about 8:30 I saw by my house KAL A380 going to RWY 22. I thought at that moment that it was usually morning flight of KAL A380 running very very late.
    I did check and found out, that photo you've taken - it was actually 1st KAL A380 evening flight that night - they did change from B777 to A380.
    And tonite is coming A380:http://flightaware.com/live/flight/K...030Z/RKSI/KJFK
    Well, your photo helped me to solve "my puzzle" about that late evening KAL A380 I saw.

Good catch on this one too.
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

You had a great day! Lots of nice jets. I am surprised to see the WestJet 736 came to JFK, I thought they only sent those to LGA and went up there to get it last year

Thanks everyone. I like the 736 too megatop, it is a cool looking plane. Hopefully I get to see the Westjet Disney plane one day that plane is awesome!

Gintaras, I thought that KAL was a 77W too, I am glad they switched though I wanted to get the Koreas 388 for a while now and I don't have a night shot of one yet, so I am happy. Thanks again for the compliments and it was nice meeting all of you. I hope to catch you all down there again someday.

Bob well done, great coverage of a typical day at JFK. Nice meeting you as well and it is all about teamwork around here

Cheers!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Well done Bob! Pleasure meeting you at the mounds as well. You caught some nice specials and had some great light
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Bob well done, great coverage of a typical day at JFK. Nice meeting you as well and it is all about teamwork around here

Cheers!
    Manny, you didn't tell me about that KAL A380 coming....

My CF card got filled and I was about to go home(I was also very tired from Air Show) - Manny did offer me to lend one of his CF cards. Such a Wonderful guy...nice talking about photography in general...
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Great shots Bob!
    Hope to see you out there one of these days.
    -Don B.

Some really nice catches, especially getting Qantas at the mounds. Great lighting on the LOT and NAX 788s.

Good shots, I was there on 5/24 after the airshow on Jones Beach! My highlight was a surprise visit from the Dreamlifter!