Thread: JFK 4-27

JFK 4-27

Pretty crappy/cloudy day, but some fun spotting airplanes today:

@ Howard Beach:

AA AstroJet:

Cathay Pacific Cargo 748:

Then, Costco's:

Usually, Delta 747 goes to 31L, but today - 31R:

Looks like today was "Sky Team Day" @ JFK, we did count about 7-8 "Sky Team" Delta...and Alitalia did sent one in:

And it looks like we did found a pretty good spot for late afternoon arrivals on 4R, 4L - backlit - just kinda in the mounds. At that spot today even spotter(with his family in a car) from France pulled in for a few shots.
    Last edited by Gintaras B.; 2014-04-28 at 06:20 PM.
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

AWESOME !!! K4 ! 747-8 ! Astrojet ! great work !!! hopefully I will do some JFK flying in May ,I've been CVGing it lately.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Nice set, love the "Connie" from HoBe

Rich B

Nice find with the Astrojet. Dying to see that one. I saw the run of skyteam birds from my place in Rockaway. Bunch of them in a row; never seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras B. View Post
    And it looks like we did found a pretty good spot for late afternoon arrivals on 4R, 4L - backlit - just kinda in the mounds. At that spot today even spotter(with his family in a car) from France pulled in for a few shots.
    For later afternoon 4R arrivals - looks like pretty good spot(maybe some already been there) "dead end" part of 69th St.- from google maps:

You'll get photos similar to Costco's 31R arrivals. It may be not good for those, who like precise side shots.
    Also, a beautiful view of JFK from across the bay - we did enjoy watching airplanes lining up for 4L departures.

Alitalia "Sky Team" pic was taken from that spot. I'll try to edit and post some more shots from that spot.
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

All those pics 4R arrivals were taken from that location:

One - from across the Bay:

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    That's a rough neighborhood to be walking around with camera gear. I didn't feel very welcome when I tried it last summer. Proceed with caution.
    -Don B.