It's Time to Fly so Let's Fly Together! Fly the Friendly Skies with this tribute to United Airlines. I grew up knowing this, my hometown airline, as "The Tulip" but I guess we'll just call them "The Globe" now. I am sure you can still hear George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue playing in your head as you watch this. I know I can! If you can't, perhaps you should search for it here on YT and then play it with this movie a little while watching ;)

The battleship gray livery Boeing 727 and DC-10 were among my favorite airplanes growing up.

Headquartered in beautiful downtown Chicago, Illinois at the Willis Tower, United Airlines was founded in 1926 as Varney Air Lines, by Walter T. Varney. It started operations in 1927 as Boeing Air Transport and in 1931 kicked off operations as United Air Lines. As of 2014, the current CEO is Jeff Smisek and the parent company is United Continental Holdings, Inc. Fun Fact: Walter Varney also founded the parent of Continental Airlines, Varney Speed Lines. As fate would have it, they are now merged with United.

The airline has hubs at Antonio B. Won Pat International Airport PGUM / GUM, Denver International Airport KDEN / DEN, George Bush Intercontinental Airport KIAH / IAH, Los Angeles International Airport KLAX / LAX, Tokyo Narita International Airport RJAA / NRT, Newark Liberty International Airport KEWR / EWR, Chicago O'Hare International Airport KORD / ORD, San Francisco International Airport KSFO / SFO, Washington Dulles International Airport KIAD / IAD. Cleveland Hopkins International Airport KCLE / CLE was a hub for Continental Airlines and briefly for United but is now downgraded to a focus city.
The airport lounge is called the "United Club" and the frequent-flyer program is MilagePlus. United Airlines belongs to the Star Alliance. The website is www.united.com

They have 700+ aircraft with 370+ destinations worldwide.

As of the date of this upload, United Airlines flies the...
Airbus A319 -100
Airbus A320 -200
Boeing 737 -700
Boeing 737-800
Boeing 737-900
Boeing 737-900ER
Boeing 747-400
Boeing 757 -200
Boeing 757-300
Boeing 767-300ER
Boeing 767-400ER
Boeing 777-200
Boeing 777-200ER
Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner

They have orders to fly the Boeing 787-9, Boeing 787-10, Boeing 737 MAX 9, Airbus A350 ( A350-1000 ).

A conglomerate of regional airlines serve United Airlines. Cape Air, Chautauqua Airlines, CommutAir, ExpressJet, GoJet Airlines, Mesa Airlines, Republic Airlines, Shuttle America, Silver Airways, SkyWest Airlines, Trans States Airlines.

For extensive United Airlines history, see this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_a...

This video is the property of O'HareAviation Plane Spotting & Flight Tracking.
It may not be used in any way without permission.
ORD AIRPORT WATCH
Chicago O'Hare Airport Crime Prevention Unit / Bensenville Police Dept.
Planespotting from Chicago O'Hare International Airport KORD / ORD 2014
© O'HareAviation 2014