Thread: KPIT - 04/13/2014

KPIT - 04/13/2014

Here are Sunday's pics. I skipped a bunch but clicking on any pic will take you to the gallery with all of them.

28R takeoffs with bad weather, taken from the "Extended Parking"

More landings from Coventry (28L)

A rare arrival on 28C

Last one before heading to IKEA and Ohio.

Ahhhh... Good to see the Flag flying over PIT. I've been meaning to get up there for some shooting but it looks very challenging to get unique angles. Glad you decided to go out there and give this old airport some attention. I like those TSA ERjs! They're the last breath of a PIT hub.

My guess is that you could get creative if you had something larger like a 500mm or a 600mm. Maybe if you were willing to ruin a few shots you could end up with something unique (I drove 3+ hrs specificically for the shots, so I didn't feel like ruining any, maybe next time).

Also,

Trans States has 3 ERJs flying for US Airways, and all 3 came in around the same time, sadly, I missed the first one because they took too long at the Sheetz to prepare my lunch, I also missed an AMC C-17.
    Last edited by felipegcmh; 2014-04-21 at 11:33 PM.

we flew the Christmas mails between PIT and Charlie West back in 1992 with 3 DC3s, 12/14-24th, we were fed by a Kalitta 747 that dropped in each day ,back then the airport was a booming US Air hub.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Thanks again for posting these PIT photos. I was so inspired, I reached back into my archives and dug up this one I shot in Pittsburgh nearly 10 years ago.

Damn I miss that place!

Dang that's a nice shot. I loved to fly that paintscheme back in Flight Sim 9 days (50North plane).

Surprised there's still that much US Airways business over there, considering how US Airways pretty much swore that the airport was going to pay for not lowering their fees.

Nice shots Felipe given the so-so lighting.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet