Thread: KPIT - 04/12/2014

KPIT - 04/12/2014

Made a trip to Pittsburgh last wekeend. Saturday was somewhat disappointing due to bad timing. Next time I go there I will probably leave Columbus on Friday right after work, spend the night in Pittsburgh and plan on catching morning arrivals (and/or departures), since that is when it gets the most action. Clicking on any photo will take you to the full gallery.

Nice set and beautiful light.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

I see PIT still sees a lot of US action despite it not being one of their hubs anymore

Nice shooting!

Nice job Felipe. Did you find any locations to capture action on the field?
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

This is great! I am often near PIT visiting family and will have to give this a try sometime. You mind sharing where you took these?

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Nice job Felipe. Did you find any locations to capture action on the field?
    Phoenix style? nope. I believe there is a parking garage that overlooks a ramp or a hold short line. Only on-site location I tried was the "Extended parking", but that is for 28R departures, will share those on a separate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NickPeterman View Post
    This is great! I am often near PIT visiting family and will have to give this a try sometime. You mind sharing where you took these?
    Coventry Healthcare. On weekends they are ok (even people that were going in and out of the building talked to me and said it was ok) and people park there to go walk around the trails, hold family picnics and such.

I tried Resurrection Cemetery, but the area around Damien's grave was way way too creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    I see PIT still sees a lot of US action despite it not being one of their hubs anymore

Nice shooting!
    Thanks. I was quite surprised by how much US action, pretty much the same as CMH, but with a different angle, plus, on Sundays they get 3 Express opb. Trans States ERJ-145s (all 3 flown for them). Most of Southwest's landings come on 28R so the only place to shoot is the parking lots near the airport business park, and I did not try those when the sun was in the right location.