Thread: 4/16/2014 JFK, HoBe and Bayswater, JAL 3 and 4 and others

4/16/2014 JFK, HoBe and Bayswater, JAL 3 and 4 and others

Hello all. It's been forever since I've posted, although I've been taking photos again for a few weeks now after a long hiatus. Hopefully these upload correctly.

On a (hopefully) short work slowdown/ furlough, so I had the flexibility to get out to a few spots when and where I wanted. Hit HoBe in the AM on the way to a short meeting. Then Bayswater and back to HoBe closer to sunset. Managed to get JAL 3 departing and JAL 4 arriving although the Bayswater photos were all backlit.

JAL3, from HoBe, 31L departure (first time I've seen JAL3):

JAL4, from Bayswater, 4R arrival:

Some more from HoBe in the AM and again towards sunset.

Last edited by TJK; 2014-04-17 at 04:08 PM.

Some more from Bayswater:

Last edited by TJK; 2014-04-17 at 04:13 PM.

Great shots, what size lens did you use for HoBe?

Great shots, as a psychologist I love Creedmoor Hospital being in the Delta 764 and Virgin 744 shots

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Great shots, as a psychologist I love Creedmoor Hospital being in the Delta 764 and Virgin 744 shots
    Is that what that building is? Had no idea. That's pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Great shots, what size lens did you use for HoBe?
    It's not a removable lens. I used a Nikon P90, which isn't a DSL, since I'm more into aviation itself than photography. For the early departure/ rotation shots, I have to zoom all the way to macro (also usually leave it in macro for the RJs, small Embraers, etc.). As they come around, I can back off to normal optical zoom. Have the camera charging right now, but if I remember tomorrow, I'll see if it recorded what some of the zoom settings were. If I had to guess, I'd say probably no more than 300mm equivalent, probably a bit less for the heavies. Then zoom, crop, center, etc.

great shots, i have to bring my astro binos 15x70 with me next tour, they should be awesome for spotting.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by 727C47 View Post
    great shots, i have to bring my astro binos 15x70 with me next tour, they should be awesome for spotting.
    Thanks!