Thread: 13L Arrivals, JFK

13L Arrivals, JFK

I used to take photos from time to time at the OLD gas station, with the gas station's permission at JFK. Now that it's shut down, does anyone have any 13L arrival spots they can share, other than the T5 garage?

Thanks.

Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Blech View Post
    Jared, nice tread that I haven't seen that before.
    I don't always wait for people to point me to this or that location. I was driving around Howard Beach streets to find better location. many stops, parkings, walking several blocks around with camera in my hands...

Before I joined NYC Aviation, I did found mounds location myself(no one pointed me there) - driving around Brookville streets, it was maybe 2-3 years before I found NYC Aviation site and I wasn't that much hooked on that hobby...I was taking photos on the corner of S.Conduit Ave & 230St....After, I keep driving and found Mounds...

2 months ago, I knew already about all spots, but I did keep looking for better location, better shots for morning 22L arrivals...

this photo:

I took it not from NYC Aviation site "known locations"...I don't want to depend just on N.Woodmere Park and searching something better...maybe I'm just doing my own "homework"....
    However, none were perfect to me...but I'm having fun with my hobby - searching - Searching for locations, spots, airplanes....That's what all the hobby is all about - just like any other hobby....
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Blech View Post
    Thanks!