The eagle is soaring high and the red, white and blue is flowin' as I present this tribute to an airline I grew up with. Although some of the older aircraft I love so much like the DC10s, Fokker 100s and Boeing 727s are long gone, this airline is still flying awesome airliners and continues to be a favorite of mine for nostalgic reasons. This video features video clips from Chicago O'Hare Airport exclusively. These clips were taken 2012-2014. Because at this time AA has not started to fly the Airbus airliners or Boeing 777-300ER variants to Chicago, this video includes only pre-merger (non-US Airways) airliners.

American Airlines was founded in 1930 and began operations in 1934. American Airlines AAL/AA has hubs at Dallas Ft. Worth International Airport, New York Kennedy International Airport KJFK / JFK, Los Angeles International Airport KLAX / LAX, Miami International Airport KMIA / MIA and Chicago O'Hare International Airport. The airport lounge is called the "Admirals Club", the frequent-flyer program is AAdvantage and it belongs to the Oneworld Airline Alliance. The website is www.aa.com

As of the date of this upload, American Airlines flies the...
Boeing 777 -223ER 777-200ER
Boeing 777 -323ER 777-300ER
Boeing 767 -323ER 767-300ER
Boeing 757 -223 757-200
Boeing 737 -823 737-800
Airbus A319 -112 A319-100
McDonnell Douglas MD-82 DC-9-82
McDonnell Douglas MD-83 DC-9-83
Airbus A321 -231 A321-200
The 767-223ERs were recently retired and it will always be a regret of mine that I never was able to film one in AA colors and that there are not enough videos of them on YouTube. Also, yes, as of now I have no videos of the newer OneWorld livery but I hope to soon change that.

They have 600+ aircraft with 270+ destinations excluding the US Airways ones. Envoy (American Eagle), SkyWest Airlines, and ExpressJet Airlines operate regionally for AAL. Chautauqua still flies American Connection flights into and out of O'Hare occasionally.

This airline has some of my favorite slogans:
"Be yourself. Nonstop." "We know why you fly." We are an airline that is proud to bear the name: American." "We mean Business in Chicago." "No other Airline gives you more of America, than American." "Fly the American Way." "America's Leading Airline."

For extensive American Airlines history, see this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American...

This video is the property of O'HareAviation Plane Spotting & Flight Tracking.
It may not be used in any way without permission.
ORD AIRPORT WATCH
Chicago O'Hare Airport Crime Prevention Unit / Bensenville Police Dept.
Planespotting from Chicago O'Hare International Airport KORD / ORD 2014
© O'HareAviation 2014