Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Fleet Week New York, May 21 - 27

FYI- Just came across this list of Aircraft for the Navy / Marine Aerial Demo at Eisenhower Park tomorrow:

The Navy Aerial landing will start at 10 AM and they'll be flying 2 MH-60 helicopters and the Marine Aerial Demo
    starts at 12PM and they'll be flying CH-53 Sea Stallion helicopters and AH-1W Cobras according to the link:

http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/agenci...4-23-2014.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    FYI- Just came across this list of Aircraft for the Navy / Marine Aerial Demo at Eisenhower Park tomorrow:

The Navy Aerial landing will start at 10 AM and they'll be flying 2 MH-60 helicopters and the Marine Aerial Demo
    starts at 12PM and they'll be flying CH-53 Sea Stallion helicopters and AH-1W Cobras according to the link:

http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/agenci...4-23-2014.html
    Thats what they did two years ago!! Two MH-60s then at Noon the Marines invaded the LZ!! No Osprey but the CH-53 is a BEAST!!!!!!!!

A few shots from Teterboro this morning of aircraft supporting the Fleet Week air demos.

Woz

The two MH-60s in the picture were the same ships that landed at Eisenhower Park. Talk about being on time. 10PM they were overhead breaking right for their arrival into the LZ. As expected the crews were nothing but wonderful to all, especially to the kids!! There must be a lot of great social media pics circulating tonite of cute kids and combat attired soldiers!! LOL!! And like I wrote about being on time, no sooner did the Seahawks depart the LZ I HEARD, before seeing, two Sea/Supercobras out to the NW!! Ah the sound of those blades slapping the air makes my heart flutter. They buzzed the LZ a number of times tree top altitude then....... in came the 2 SUPER STALLIONS!!!! These copters are BEASTS!! One landed and a squad of Marines ran out of the back ramp to make sure we were all safe. The 2nd CH-53 hovered overhead then broke off and came around to land followed by the Cobras!! Once they all shutdown and tied things down the gates open and the onlookers swarmed the field!! I hung out a bit on the field then headed down to Republic!! Gotta tell you driving on Hempstead Turnpike from the park to 109 is like driving on a road in a 3rd World country!! Awful!!
    But enough complaining!! A great job by the USN/USMC, Nassau County and everyone involved to have this year after year!! And its a great event to take the kids!! They are in awe of these aircraft (me too) and its so cute to watch them interact with the crews and soldiers from the aircraft!! Little footnote I heard so many people asking about the Osprey!! Seems the V-22 is very popular with the casual aircraft watcher!!

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    There are 4x MH-60s, 2x MV-22s, 2x AH-1s, and 2x CH-53Es sitting at Teterboro. Gama/Signature East ramp as per usual.

Does anyone know if the various ships that are in port have helicopters embarked?

Sorry, no foreign vessels this year

The tour of the USS Cole was very nice despite the very long line stretching almost the entire length of the Sullivan Pier. while on line, we saw a Search and Rescue demo and an Osprey circled overhead and headed for Manhattan.