Thread: ARFF to begin operating seperate from PAPD at NY/NJ Airports

ARFF to begin operating seperate from PAPD at NY/NJ Airports

Based on internal memos from the PANYNJ the Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting units are to begin operating as an independent unit from the Port Authority Police beginning March 31st 2014. The ARFF units will report to PANYNJ Operations. The majority of the ARFF personnel are PAPD Officers who have chosen to more over from the Police Department to this new group. The PANYNJ doesn't expect any change in the performance of the emergency response capabilities to the airports.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Let me guess... retire from PAPD, start collecting a pension, and immediately start working for the Port, just in a different capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Let me guess... retire from PAPD, start collecting a pension, and immediately start working for the Port, just in a different capacity.
    Not yet, they are current PAPD who are giving up the gun to move over to firefighter.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan