Thread: New LGA Terminal ?

New LGA Terminal ?

This week, an artists' proposal was briefly shown of the new LGA Central Terminal. It looked nice and spacious but little information was given. I doubt if any observation deck would be included. Any additional information would be appreciated. Oh yes, a rapid transit station would be built within the new terminal to connect to the current subway. The new terminal might be named after Joe Biden for his recent kind words about LGA !

Any link? Is this supposed to be built as a stand-alone or is it replacing one of the terminals or hangars?
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    This week, an artists' proposal was briefly shown of the new LGA Central Terminal. It looked nice and spacious but little information was given. I doubt if any observation deck would be included. Any additional information would be appreciated. Oh yes, a rapid transit station would be built within the new terminal to connect to the current subway. The new terminal might be named after Joe Biden for his recent kind words about LGA !
    The images you saw were unrealistic and are not in any way real world plans. Official designs are not out, nor has the firm doing the construction even selected. And no, a rapid transit station is not coming to LGA.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Good. I like the current CTA at LGA. Who would pay for this new construction anyway? And imagine how long it would take to get approval of a LGA AirTrain from Astoria or from Roosevelt/74 Sts. It won't be in my lifetime!

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    That new rendering was put out by the "Global Gateway Alliance," which is a Midtown developer who's somehow managed to get himself a lot of press by putting out a study or a rendering every month or two. The CTB replacement is out for bid right now - there are 3 consortiums (typically an airport operator, an architect, an engineering firm, and a financial backer) in the running, and final submissions will be in shortly. [I'm involved with one of the bidders.]

The Port put out a reference design which had certain minimum requirements, but the bidders are free to propose whatever they'd like, as long as it fits the criteria (certain footprint, w parking spaces, x pax per hour, y Group 3 stands, z Group 4 stands...). The terminal design must include a space for a transit ROW, but the Port made it clear that there's currently no connection project in the works.

As far as payment goes, it's going to be done as a PPP, so given to a concessionaire who will pay the Port a certain amount of money, but then collect all of the revenue from the terminal.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Biden is right, the place is a craphole. I hope something gets done soon.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I have seen the real renderings and been in on planning meetings. It looks nothing like what Global Alliance would have people think.

Here are some links:

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/lgactb/

Briefing book:
    http://www.panynj.gov/business-oppor...efing-book.pdf
    Last edited by emshighway; 2014-03-28 at 01:33 PM.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan