Thread: The Continuing Mystery of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Post The Continuing Mystery of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

NYCAviation:
    The Continuing Mystery of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

People keep asking “how can a plane simply disappear?” It’s an idea that doesn’t seem to compute in an age of instant and total connectivity.
    [Click to Read Full Article]

Malaysian government concludes Flight 370 was hijacked:

https://news.yahoo.com/malaysian-off...051507084.html

Airliner made 'tactical maneuvers' to avoid radar. This is getting crazier and crazier...

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=22922961

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Sure is. They really need to find this aircraft.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Sure is. They really need to find this aircraft.
    How? The way it was flying, it's obvious the person knew what they were doing...highly likely they had planned on the last place anyone would look to land and hide it.

I'm finding any chances of crash unlikely. Obviously the plane was working fine, it flew for seven hours, the person at the controls knew how to avoid radar and know to turn any tracking devices off so people wouldn't know where it was going. Why would the plane crash? If it was a suicide, why fly for seven hours under the radar instead of just nose dive into the ocean?
    Last edited by Perriwen; 2014-03-16 at 05:50 AM.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen View Post
    How? The way it was flying, it's obvious the person knew what they were doing...highly likely they had planned on the last place anyone would look to land and hide it.

I'm finding any chances of crash unlikely. Obviously the plane was working fine, it flew for seven hours, the person at the controls knew how to avoid radar and know to turn any tracking devices off so people wouldn't know where it was going. Why would the plane crash? If it was a suicide, why fly for seven hours under the radar instead of just nose dive into the ocean?
    Just like the 24 news cycle you are guessing. Any number of 100 things could have happened. This isn't a Cessna. You can't hide this aircraft that easily. This plane needs to be found already and then we can get some hard data on what happened.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Diego Garcia is the latest talk on the web about the diversion of MAS 370. It's a secretive US Naval Base in the Indian Ocean used for emergency ETOPS aircraft diversion. Stories on the web claiming that it's impossible for an aircraft the size of a B777 to just vanish undetected. On Diego Garcia, the US has very sophisticated tracking systems to monitor aircraft movement in the Indian Ocean yet they have said nothing. Postings give more details about secret cargo on the flight and about the mysterious call the pilot received just before take-off. Probably this is just speculation but it is worth some investigation.

It's looking more like they have found wreckage. Over 300 pieced of floating white debris have been spotted by satellites since yesterday. The problem is that by the time planes and ships get to the areas, they aren't there anymore.

I quit watching the 24 hour news coverage. The 'experts' that they put on the TV are idiots. On CNN last night, one of the guys said this, and it had to be the most retarded thing I have ever heard a news reporter say. "The searches that are coming up empty are a good thing as well. It is showing us where the plane is not." Wow, I am sure that comment sounded way smarter in his head.
    Timothy LaBranche

See my photos on:
    Timothy LaBranche.com
    Flickr
    JetPhotos.net

Just saw this http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...tml?1438188738 a piece of what some believe is a B777 flaperon was found on a beach on Reunion Island.
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

I hope they locate those people soon, so their families can give them a proper burial and get some kind of closure. They have suffered long enough

It has been confirmed the flaperon found last week was part of MH370 http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/05/world/...ion/index.html
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

In December 2016 I had the pleasure of getting to know two of Zaharie's sisters, Dah & Sakinab. They are not at all technically minded and at one point when Dah was referring to different background sounds in the ATC audio, she let spill that the last three calls were made by Zaharie. Then she added he sounded strange and his voice was slurred.

I turned to Sakinab who was nearby and she immediately confirmed what Dah said. For me this was a huge revelation, but they had no idea why it mattered?

https://fearoflanding.com/accidents/...on-kalitta-66/

For me this infers the onset of hypoxia before MH370 reached IGARI.

The final radio call was this:

01:19:24 ATC Lumpur Control ~ Malaysian Three Seven Zero contact Ho Chi Minh 120 decimal 9 Good Night...

01:19:29 MAS370 ~ Good Night Malaysian Three Seven Zero
    MH370 failed to give a standard protocol, read back of ATC instructions.

There is a scenario that could explain this. Electrical smoke in the MEC would cause the Equipment Cooling Override valve to open and expose the Supply Duct to ambient air pressure. If then it was followed by a complete loss of the Left AC Bus then the PRSOV valve solenoid would be unpowered. Having consulted a Lufthansa QRH about this, it noted that with the solenoid unpowered the valve which is supposed to be shut during a loss of electrical power, will open.

This means smoke in the MEC will open a pathway for cabin depressurization. In normal operation it will not, but add an electrical failure on top of the MEC override valve opening and then you have air pressure evacuating the cabin. If pilots were already hypoxic then their response may have been indifferent, ineffective or their judgment may have been impaired to take the wrong responses.
    Last edited by tazjet; 2017-03-21 at 12:45 AM.