Thread: Pan Am Culture

Pan Am Culture

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
    Okay, from an enthusiasts point of view. If you could describe the culture of pan am (one of the most influential airlines) in a few words what would they be? If you could turn Pan Am into a modern way of life what would it be? This is a creative thing. I run a blog and this is going to be one of the posts and I wanted some other peoples opinion. Sorry again if this is in the wrong forum

My words to describe PAA
    Service, Friendliness

Intrepid, iconic, diversified

Worldly renowned
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

the blue ball was the closest thing we had to a national flag carrier ala BA,LH, or AF, they pioneered the Pacific, and the Atlantic, the 707,and the 747, when I was a kid my cousin was a maintenance chief for them on the 707,747,and finally the L1011, their passing was mourned by many , when they pried the logo off the Pan Am building in midtown that was the final blow. Culture? Imperial !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

From what everyone said so far Pan Am was: Intrepid, Imperial, Friendly, Iconic

Being Intrepid and Friendly isn't a bad way to live your life.
    This is all hypothetical I would want to live my life to the culture of a company that when it went down it went down fast.

Externally ground breaking in terms of destinations and being the first (in most cases) of introducing new technology. Really awful in customer service. The Pan Am Worldport was a mess. Food served on the airline didn't measure up to dog food. And from what I understand from United pilots (going back twenty years) were practically rebuilt when UA purchased their SPs. Tower Air, of course, probably didn't need to.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.