Thread: Newark Airport [flight] traffic

Question Newark Airport [flight] traffic

Question from a casual fellow planespotter and all-around aviation enthusiast… I live in Passaic County NJ and have become quite accustomed to jet traffic in the sky over my yard on approach to KEWR. However, starting sometime within the last couple weeks, I seem to be noticing *a lot* less. Does anybody know if this is just my imagination or if there’s a legitimate reason for this? Indeed when I check various flights and their paths via sites such as flightaware, they seem to be coming in from the east or west and not from the north like I’ve come to expect. Is there runway work going on at Newark or something? Or have my camera and I just been plain unlucky lately? Just curious. Thanks.

I read somewhere that 4/22 are closed on weekends.......

Quote Originally Posted by lufthansafan100 View Post
    I read somewhere that 4/22 are closed on weekends.......

Hmm, well OK. But I'm talking about all week long.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    In Passaic, you're only really getting low-level traffic if Newark is landing on 22L. Could it be that the 4s are more in use recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    In Passaic, you're only really getting low-level traffic if Newark is landing on 22L. Could it be that the 4s are more in use recently?
    Could be. Another friend I asked felt there was no real reason; it just had to do with their individual tracks over the Atlantic. ...Back of my mind, I'm wondering whether the Polar Vortex isn't somehow involved. Heh.