Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Australia 2014 (Running Thread)- Image HEAVY

The Tupolev is the best of the bunch ;) The Australian Military jets were nice too
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Thanks guys! Manny I'd agree, but with the light being what it was, it's just hard for me to get excited about it. I do believe that it is the jet that hits EWR here and there, yes.

Some more shots from today, trying out a new location-a hill at the base of the tower.

Very pleased to catch this girl, I really love the look of their new livery!

This scheme is sadly due for a repaint soon, so I was glad to bag her early in my trip, and before she loses this striking livery

caught the english side of Air India for once!

Promoting the recent arrival of the Modern Family cast to film an episode in Australia

The star of the show for sure, VH-OGG rocketing out of SYD for Cairns. Sadly she is rumored to ditch the decals and head for VCV as soon as the end of March...

Program Coordinator
    Green with envy...solid shooting and excellent subject material to boot!

Stunning set(s)! I'd be more then happy with just the first day. Great catches, especially the RAAF birds. It's a shame the observation deck is closing but looks like you've already got more then your moneys worth. looking forward to seeing more!

Thank you guys! Sadly the weather has soured for the rest of the week, and classes start up for me on Monday-however I will be sneaking out to the airport as often as I can, worry not!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    love it, man!!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Thanks for sharing these with us Nick, I'm a HUGE fan of the Disney Planes 763 (even picked up a 1/200th model of it) and it's awesome to see such great pictures of it!

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed the Disney 763, Captmjk16!

I found myself back out at SYD this morning, despite it being the first day of classes, and the fact that I wound up having to go out there without getting any sleep the night before. I am so glad that I did. Here is today's haul. If I ever had a perfect day of spotting, today may have been it. And keep in mind this all came in in just about a 2 hour window this morning.

Sunrise fell perfectly on this Cathay A330, bathing it in some shockingly warm early morning light

767s usually land on the other runway at SYD, but today I had no fewer than 3 land right in front of me on 16R!

Got tons of A-380 action today too, which was fantastic!

My first Sharklet A320

I was beyond thrilled to catch this little guy landing on 16R instead of the usual 16L

Got treated to two of these lovely ladies

Last second go around

This next set of 4 images go together, because I really liked the perspective. This Virgin Australia 77W was forced to go around at the last second

To be continued...

...Continued

Anyhow, thanks for checking 'em out! Hope you enjoyed

Nick

You're a very happy guy...I'm getting jealous...So many nice planes, great photos....
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Thanks Gintaras. With that I have banged out a lot of what I had on my bucket list to snag. Now it'll just be about keeping my eyes out for the odd special scheme or alliance livery I suspect.

Nick you're doing a great job over there, keep it up man, you're getting some interesting Quantas schemes

Thank you for the kind words, William.

Quick update from today. Yesterday, disgusted by my laziness having cost me the Thai Airways Star Alliance 747 because I had forgotten to take a look at the inbound traffic, I decided to set up alerts for some high priority "objectives" for my time down here. I was hardly expecting one of the alerts to come up less than 24 hours later. Despite previous plans to hit the beach with a friend, I was able to convince him to accompany me to a slightly different beach. After one incorrect bus, and almost 2 hours in transit we made it to SYD-just as it started to cloud over. However it was well worth the effort, as I hope the photos can attest to.

I thought it would be unfair to exclude the wonderful feathered friends who keep me company on my airport outings, so here is a Pied Cormorant

And the reason for all the hustle, the one and only ZK-OKQ, Air New Zealand's All-Black 777-300ER

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed!

Cheers,

Nick

Time for this week's installment from Australia. This set comes from SYD's newest spotting location, the rooftop of the Rydges Hotel. While not free, I think you will agree that the view is worth the price!

QF7 heads out for DFW

This was admittedly a bit eerie, as MH370 had just been reported missing while I was on my bus to the airport

The Sharklet and Jetstar livery have really changed my opinion about the aesthetics of the A320

Trying to snag these beauties before Virgin quits Sydney in May

The 772 is actually a fairly rare type at SYD, with only Scoot and KAL bringing them in regularly, and with ANZ and JAL bringing them intermittently

Another sight that is soon to leave SYD's skies, with the 777 soon to come

Such a striking livery with all the red, sad that it is almost gone now

I had never seen one of these before, and thank heavens for the nose-gear blister, as it helped me ID it on the downwind and prevented me from leaving before she taxied by

As a huge A340-600 fan, and someone who really likes the Etihad livery, I was ecstatic when the departure back to Abu Dhabi had a nice long takeoff roll, followed by a fairly mild climb. Not often will I be able to be above a departing A340-600, and I was thrilled with the resultant shot!

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed!

Have a good weekend,

Nick

Great SET!!!!! LOVE the JETSTAR 787