Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Rhode Island ANG Open House May 17th & 18th

2014 Rhode Island ANG Open House May 17th & 18th

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    I always enjoy going to the Rhode Island show. I prefer it over the beach, even though the beach is only a few minutes away, mainly because we get to see the planes take off and land as well as their performance. This is only done home by going to the beach one day and to Republic on the other. It would have been nicer to have it spread out from Jones Beach to extend the season a little, however, it may not be as hot in mid May as it is in late June. I wouldn't mind car pooling, however, I make it a two day event; lots of pictures on Saturday and then I try to enjoy the show on Sunday and only take a few images that may have been missed or that I think that can be improved upon from the previous day. I also have my two young sons in tow.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Was looking forward to going to Rhode Island for the first time this year... and it's the same weekend as Andrews :<

...what Moose said. Hopefully Andrews will return next year, but I have a feeling it'd be 2016...

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Heh. Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember reading something back in November.

The Bremont Horsemen Flight Team will be flying at Rhode Island also and it looks like they'll
    be bringing one of their F-86 Sabres too because the ACC F-22/HF Schedule was just updated
    and it now shows the Heritage Flight at RI will be a 4 -ship with a F-22, F-86 and 2 P-51s !!
    Last edited by Chris S; 2014-05-08 at 12:09 PM.

Really looking forward to it!
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

It's here.

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    It's here.
    Great weather! Curious on the Osprey demo!! Details?

I'll be making the drive up tomorrow. Cheers to good weather!
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    The Bremont Horsemen Flight Team will be flying at Rhode Island also and it looks like they'll
    be bringing one of their F-86 Sabres too because the ACC F-22/HF Schedule was just updated
    and it now shows the Heritage Flight at RI will be a 4 -ship with a F-22, F-86 and 2 P-51s !!
    Hello Chris,
    I just got home, just over 4 hours in heavy traffic through CT. It was nice seeing you again and meeting Gregg, Tim, and the other guy (I'm so sorry, I can't think of your name at the moment). To those who don't know, yesterday's Heritage flight was the F22 and a single P-51. Today's Heritage flight was the F22 and two P-51's. Yesterday's weather was actually nicer than today's. Today's crowd was at least ten fold, maybe twice that,of yesterday's crowd. We left around 1 PM, just after the Heritage flight, and the line of traffic, even at that time, went for several miles, of people trying to get into the show. No F-86. BlackDaggers, C130J, or Flash Jet truck, but we did have a Screaming Sasquatch and another plane today with Rob Holland from Jerk Links.I will post some pics over the next day or two.
    Joe
    Last edited by Joe; 2014-05-18 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Great weather! Curious on the Osprey demo!! Details?
    Gerard,
    The Osprey demo was good, it was only a one ship demo. They showed it changing from plane mode to helicopter mode (sorry for the non tech description) as well as a "rolling" take off and landing, used when overweight for a vertical take off. The demo lasted about 15 minutes or so. There really wasn't too much to show, it will be less next weekend at the beach.

Please don't forget to post that image for Moose!

Did anyone catch the announcement at the end of the show that the Blue Angels will be back next year for the show which is scheduled for the last weekend in May aka Memorial Day weekend.