Thread: ORD spotting help needed please. Plus IAD request

Smile ORD spotting help needed please. Plus IAD request

Hi guys, first post here so please be gently with a Brit newbie!!! :-)

I'm transitting through ORD for the very first time in April, arriving on LH from FRA, then transferring onto UA for the run down to the land of Mickey Mouse.

I've sussed out that we will arrive on the international terminal, then transfer over to UA's terminal by transit train. Is this over or underground please? Anyone know the best gate in UA's terminal to spot/take pics from?
    Is there anyone local who has access to an SBS who can supply any movements lists for ORD on the day?
    Can anyone let me have times for arrival for anything exotic.....have seen on a pic thread for ORD Hainan using 787's...what time does she arrive? Plus Asiana etc???

I was in contact with a spotter last year, who had access to an SBS for movements for IAD last year, when we transitted through there en route back to the UK, unfortunately I've lost his email address, and we are on the same route home again this year, so ideally I would like to get in touch with him too!!

Spending 2 weeks in Orlando, and I'm hoping to spend a good few days at MCO, hopefully clear blue skies and plenty of decent aircraft in the viewfinder of my camera!!! :-)

Please feel free to either contact me on here or email me direct.

Many thanks in advance guys

John Spencer
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57168456@N04

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    The terminal train at ORD is aboveground, but I believe it's at grade and behind a wall for most of its run.

Cheers Mateo......hopefully something will be visible!?!?!?!?

John

MCO is not at all spotter friendly...

Look at www.flightstats.com for times of movements.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Cheers guys. Steve I will give that a good looking at.
    Moose, MCO is pretty friendly. You can complete a form and then spend the day.....or length of your stay enjoying the aircraft, logging registrations/taking pics whatever you like. I wasn't going to spend that much time there last year, so didn't. Spent a day at the end of a runway, enjoying the heat and taking 100's of photo's....and one eye on an alligator in one of the pools there. Eventually about 14:30, a cop arrived.....smiley faced, he know what I was up to, I had my passport on me, he took my details, and even radioed in so that I wouldn't be bothered again that day......let me carry on taking pics and logging reg's at the same time. We had quite an interesting chat about when to use his gun and when his taser!!!!!
    So, give them a try sometime guys!!!

John

Quote Originally Posted by John1958 View Post
    Cheers guys. Steve I will give that a good looking at.
    Moose, MCO is pretty friendly. You can complete a form and then spend the day.....or length of your stay enjoying the aircraft, logging registrations/taking pics whatever you like. I wasn't going to spend that much time there last year, so didn't. Spent a day at the end of a runway, enjoying the heat and taking 100's of photo's....and one eye on an alligator in one of the pools there. Eventually about 14:30, a cop arrived.....smiley faced, he know what I was up to, I had my passport on me, he took my details, and even radioed in so that I wouldn't be bothered again that day......let me carry on taking pics and logging reg's at the same time. We had quite an interesting chat about when to use his gun and when his taser!!!!!
    So, give them a try sometime guys!!!

John
    Last I knew, at MCO the form you filled out was only to photograph from the central parking garage. I did not realize that it extended to the whole property.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

I'd not even bothered getting it last year, that cop was 100% good guy in my book.......mind you, I had been parked up there for 6 hours before anyone was bothered, and even the guys who were coming out of the hanger for a smoke were fine and chatty.......mainly about the gator!! :-)

I shall get one this year as I hope to spend quite a few days up there.......and to a few other dromes too!

John