Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The UN General Assembly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    I love this AIC B744 in the new livery. We only get the B773 at JFK. When did she arrive at JFK? I would die a happy man to see this!

China Airlines 744 (B-18203) in "Jimmy Livery" and Air India 744 (VT-EVA) arrived at JFK within minutes of each other at about 13:15. (Mon 9/29/14)

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    ELY B762 was flight 37 from TLV and arrived Rwy 22L. It later departed for CYYZ yesterday evening. I think it was indeed UN-related as it doesn't appear to be a regularly scheduled flight although the flight shows on Flight Aware which usually hides diplomatic and military flights, I believe.
    The El Al flight 37 that you see on Flightaware is from 2005. It did not depart for Toronto last night. The Air India 744 arrived midday Friday to drop off the PM, and returned midday today to pick him up.

Big thanks to Cary Liao and Matt Smith for making me feel welcome in NYC during the UN Summit

Here's a big group (of y'all I presume) getting the Iranian President's Arrival at COSTCO:

Nice shot.. very nice :) I like it!

Senga

It was good hanging out...hope you're able to make it back next year!

Quote Originally Posted by skyteam18 View Post
    Big thanks to Cary Liao and Matt Smith for making me feel welcome in NYC during the UN Summit

Here's a big group (of y'all I presume) getting the Iranian President's Arrival at COSTCO:

General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

UN Week 2014 spotters @ Panera, Cloudy Sunday, 9/21:

[URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Since we are now posting video, I need to do my part to keep this thread going.

Cary knows what the word "Epic" means, because he was shooting stills destined for anet while I filmed this a few feet from him:

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Since we are now posting video, I need to do my part to keep this thread going.

Cary knows what the word "Epic" means, because he was shooting stills destined for anet while I filmed this a few feet from him:
    Great video ! Nice meeting you William !
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras B. View Post
    UN Week 2014 spotters @ Panera, Cloudy Sunday, 9/21:
    Dudes doing nothing. It's like a piece of performance art :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Dudes doing nothing. It's like a piece of performance art :)
    Don't forget that dudes got that day some UN planes in that weather conditions...

Mateo...you wanted to see "dudes" pointing their lenses to the sky/planes?

Sorry, I didn't video Fasil dancing after Belarus TU154 passed by... :) :)

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras B. View Post
    Don't forget that dudes got that day some UN planes in that weather conditions...

Mateo...you wanted to see "dudes" pointing their lenses to the sky/planes?

Sorry, I didn't video Fasil dancing after Belarus TU154 passed by... :) :)
    Ha! I'm one of the dudes doing nothing in the video :)

So as to add something worthwhile to this thread; I did a quick check of the Liveatc tape from this morning:
    Angola 2 is the Global and it came from SWF, so it's almost certainly D2-ANG.
    D2-ANT (the Falcon) checked in about 5 minutes later. It used its reg as the callsign in the air, but then Angola 3 on the ground.

Thank u very much Mateo for the info on Gambia, he did the same last year for departure but this year arrived on daylight and everyone got a shot. From this thread i gather this year's VIP arrivals looked unusually concentrated, with most good stuff in two days except Belarus mid-week (which actually came in for the "Climate Summit" not the General Debate). I notice UN airplane paintschemes are getting progressively worse though, too many thin wavy lines like in some A319s, Niger BBJ, even Iraqi Airways new look is zzzzz.. or some bizarre ugly paint like on Lybian 5A-ONE last year, or even worse - military gray like that Peruvian 737

Now, that Tupolev video was beautiful! Replayed it at least 5 times in a row, never thought I'd see it on video. Real machine with sound and smoke, hard to believe it's still around since i first got her on film some 10 years back. I don't shoot video, but wonder if a still in HD can make a good photo? (not talking about for sending it to buttkissers.net). I mean simply to get a pleasant image to look at

edit: nothing for us down here as far as VIPs going to Miami or Disney which can happen on occasion
    Last edited by MarioFL; 2014-09-30 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Ha! I'm one of the dudes doing nothing in the video :)
    Wait...

Are you the one who was spotting planes and writing reg#'s on note pad?

Mark - that is truly an exceptional shot of the Japan 747 - thanks for sharing it

Cheers

Trevor