Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The UN General Assembly 2014

Hi CathayA340,

Yea its ICAO/IATA FTTJ/NDJ I would think the flight originated somewhere in Chad. I don't know where though. They have a VIP MD-87 that came to the UNGA a few years back but hasn't been back since.

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB View Post
    Hi CathayA340,

Yea its ICAO/IATA FTTJ/NDJ I would think the flight originated somewhere in Chad. I don't know where though. They have a VIP MD-87 that came to the UNGA a few years back but hasn't been back since.

Senga
    Awesome shot! Thank you for the information :)

Back at home at last...

Had a great time spotting around JFK with all the local (and not so local) photographers. My score for the UN traffic was quite good, while I missed some good ones due to being ill placed or too late for it. Nevermind, maybe next year. Being my first ever visit to JFK, regular traffic was also of interest and I managed to get quite decent photos on this subjects too.

My personal highlights:

Thanks for the company at Panera, the Mounds, etc .. Nice to know you all, see you soon guys!

Cheers

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Yeah i was wondering also!!
    I responded to Speedbird1 privately, but since it seems like several people want to know...

I have never been hassled at SWF, even when I have parked myself on the side of the road for several hours waiting on a departure. Lots of locals come out to watch the planes up there, and if I run into one, I always chat them up. Usually they learn something and it makes them less suspicious of me. The airport is far less militarized now than it used to be, so MP's aren't really a concern as long as you stay away from the ANGB area. I actually feel more comfortable spotting on-property there than I do spotting from the few off-airport spots there are.
    For that TU-154 shot, I felt it was best to approach the guard in the shack instead of just walking up to the gate and grabbing my shots. He was totally cool with it.

In terms of being hassled, Saturday morning was rough. After that, things seemed to settle down.
    Last edited by Landing Lights; 2014-09-25 at 01:19 PM.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

To add on to what Ben shared.
    I have been shooting SWF since 2002. Its actually the airport I enjoy visiting the most in the area. I have flown myself in there many times and also have shot there countless times over the years. Its small airport with a laid back relatively low level of hostility and aggression towards people watching/ photographing planes. SWF is a fun airport to shoot at.

My general "Mantra" carries over. Don't make a spectacle out of ones self, for an out-of-towner behave accordingly, respect Police AND Security (Most importantly yourself). Please consider a few of us (I think) have been shooting there for many years well before and will even after while others come and go.

Senga
    Last edited by SengaB; 2014-09-25 at 03:12 PM.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by SengaB View Post
    Don't make a spectacle out of ones self
    Hmmmm
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Columbian Govt BBJ FAC0001 just landed at LGA. First UN foreign vistor I have seen this year here.

Cheers

LGA777

Great shots....Turkish one came in a great light and spectacularly painted aircraft...

I wish, I could have that IL-62 photo, since I have been on - great plane to fly on....

Quote Originally Posted by Broomstick Flier View Post
    Back at home at last...

Had a great time spotting around JFK with all the local (and not so local) photographers. My score for the UN traffic was quite good, while I missed some good ones due to being ill placed or too late for it. Nevermind, maybe next year. Being my first ever visit to JFK, regular traffic was also of interest and I managed to get quite decent photos on this subjects too.

My personal highlights:

Thanks for the company at Panera, the Mounds, etc .. Nice to know you all, see you soon guys!

Cheers
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Hi Ron,
    Before Colombia got the BBJ do you ever recall seeing the FAC 707-300 or the F-28 they have fly into LGA in years past?

Senga

Senga saw the F-28 here once in the mid 1990's or so not able to get a photo. The 767 has been here once or twice and I think this was my third or 4th time seeing the BBJ including 1 arrival right in the middle of Kids Day a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mldoc View Post
    I have never been hassled at SWF, even when I have parked myself on the side of the road for several hours waiting on a departure. Lots of locals come out to watch the planes up there, and if I run into one, I always chat them up. Usually they learn something and it makes them less suspicious of me. The airport is far less militarized now than it used to be, so MP's aren't really a concern as long as you stay away from the ANGB area. I actually feel more comfortable spotting on-property there than I do spotting from the few off-airport spots there are.
    Totally agree. That one time I was stopped was because I was taking pics through the fence by the south end where at that time they had a hangar for the evac copters!! That was back in the 90s.
    I loved sitting up on the road that parallels the runways and watching the aircraft, especially the C-5s, land and depart!!

Does anyone have any info on when President Rouhani is leaving New York? If possible I'd like to try and get a shot of his A340 leaving Andrews. Thanks to all the NYCAviation guys I met up with last Saturday (Jason, Ben, William) for helping me out. A rough incident with PAPD and the fact that I couldn't find a single hotel room on all of Long Island sent me home for the night, but I will hopefully be back up soon!

Quote Originally Posted by JBoulin94 View Post
    I couldn't find a single hotel room on all of Long Island sent me home for the night,
    Not sure how hard you tried or how far you went, lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Not sure how hard you tried or how far you went, lol!!
    He is right there was no hotel available last weekend. If I were him I would've slept in the car.

Ron,
    Ah I see. yea I never got the FAC B703 or the FK28. That BBJ came on line before I had a chance :(

Senga