Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The UN General Assembly 2014

Heightened security prevented me from getting anything. Had a nice visit from the NYPD letting me know there is no photography, especially this week due to UN.

Were you in a public location? Because if you were, they lied to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TriStatePlaneSpotting View Post
    Its really good here. All traffic is 13L today and no cops bother you!
    130th st near the sanitation depot. Police were nice and informed me of the dangers in the area. I was in my car parked on the side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Len90 View Post
    130th st near the sanitation depot. Police were nice and informed me of the dangers in the area. I was in my car parked on the side of the road.
    That was you. I was on 130th. You were not in your car. You were walking up and down the street with camera in hand. If that was you?
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669 View Post
    That was you. I was on 130th. You were not in your car. You were walking up and down the street with camera in hand. If that was you?
    I only walked from the PS 124 to across the street. Parked there saw it wasn't good, got out and decided to walk across the street to just stretch my legs. Camera was over my shoulder. Person I was with moved the car to the other side of 150th ave where I was going to sit and spot. Made it to the other side of the street where I was approached by an NYPD car. Total time there approximately 90 seconds.
    Last edited by Len90; 2014-09-20 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks,

Kiffy,
    About the Puma. Its at SWF for a job. Not sure how long it will be there but it would be great to get it departing. I just wish it was easier to track these Flying Cranes. I got a Erickson Air Crane S-64 Sky Crane a few years back at SWF. That was a Very nice catch to get.

I am sure that UAE 787 will be some aviation spam in a few months :)

Senga
    Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane

In reference to the POTUS visit he is scheduled to address the UN on Wednesday.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Niger Government BBJ 5U-GRN KEWR

Greetings,
    So far two days in row 2 new planes for me.

I treked over to EWR today for the Nigeria I mean....errr "Niger".....B737. This one is a mixed bag. I was very disappointed that they got a new BBJ instead of flying in the very nice 737-200 they have/had. I have been hoping it would come but never under my watch the new livery leaves much to be desired when compared to the 737-200 colors. With that being said. On the upside I was able to add a new African country to my list of nations from the continent and a very exotic one at that. With the exception of maybe 3-4 counties remaining for me all the others don't have dedicated or significant VIP aircraft or use charters. In the end I am here to take pictures of VIP aircraft so I guess I did OK today! Ivory Coast Government "IVY01"
    came in shortly after on Generic CS-TLU A319 instead of the State 727-200. Togo was to come later into EWR (probably in the Generic Burkina Faso F7X they use).

5U-GRN

Senga

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Saturday wrapup - here's what I've been able to glean as far as interesting things that moved through the area today. Post if I've missed anything.
    Zimbabwe - Z-WPF - B762, Air Zimbabwe. To JFK, has now left. They've gone to Stewart in the past, but nothing confirmed yet.
    Qatar - A7-AFL - A332, Qatar Airways. To JFK, is now heading back across the Atlantic.
    Indonesia - PK-GPE - A333, Garuda. To JFK, reposition IAD.
    White 9601 - CS-TLU - A319. To EWR, reposition SWF. [Carried Cote d'Ivoire, thanks Senga!]
    Niger - 5U-GRN - BBJ. To EWR, current location unknown. [EDIT: To SWF, thanks John!]
    Argentina - T-01 - B752. Over Cape Cod (2100L), likely inbound JFK within the hour. [EDIT: Arrived JFK ~2130L] [EDIT2: Reposition WRI. aargh!]
    Monaco - 3A-MGA - F7X. To TEB.
    Malaysia - 9M-NAA - A319. To HPN.
    Mexico - TP-01 - B752. Over Richmond (2100L), destination unknown. Typically the Mexicans go to Newark and reposition WRI. [EDIT: Arrived EWR ~2145L]
    Jordan - VQ-BNZ - G650. Arrived JFK, arrived 2230L. Will turn and burn, filed out to ISP. [ADDED/EDIT]
    Longtail/LGT1 - VP-BOP - BBJ. Over Maine [2210L]. Arrived JFK 2300L, filed out to ISP. This went to DC during the Africa summit, so it might be carrying a delegation. [ADDED/EDIT]
    Last edited by Mateo; 2014-09-20 at 11:57 PM.

It's got titles and colors... Well done and worth getting I'd say. It suffers only in the context of its predecessor, as many of the VIP aircraft do. But anyway, your proactive approach pays off once again.... This could be a good year for your collection after all.....
    "Keep 'em Flying"

We will see Tom :) Yes, One has to stop , reset and then look at things from a new perspective. The reason why I started shooting these things is long gone. I am almost there not not yet :)

Senga

Niger went to SWF after EWR

Senga .... well done again! We were tracking it and hoping it would head for JFK, but no such luck.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Chilean Air Force 763 en route, registration 985, looks to be just ahead of LAN 532, ETA about 7:40am.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    The 727 that was chartered by South Africa was visible on FR24 a little while ago passing the Canary Islands. It's out of range now, but was heading due north (towards Iceland) during the time it was visible.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]