Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The UN General Assembly 2014

Manny your points are valid. When you have many folks gathered there will be playing and chatting creating room for error. I am hopping we will do more work than chatting and playing in a group. Instead of one person combing the entire globe by himself on planefinder we can divide by region and make life easier. The same with the four approach frequencies on the radio. No one should be called hater for deciding to be alone. For instance I am not big fun of Costco which offers more belly than side so I may not join the group if they are on the 31s so that shouldn't make me a hater.

Today the president of Ukraine will arrive in Washington. He speaks at Congress on Thursday.

To get back on topic.
    Qatar Ameri 004 just landed 13l from KIAD. (A342)
    VP-BRA a Dassault looks like she is heading our way over KBOS .ETA 20-30 min
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

I would like to remind everyone that the Japanese and Korean 747s are due to retire soon so if you don't have them yet, make that a priority.

I plan on going down Saturday for some spotting. It should be my last run down until the spring of 2015. I hope to see some of you down there.

P4-mis is about to cross pond, did some research and it's a a319cj in an awesome livery. Looks to be a political figure.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    UN Week is very serious for serious spotters, all I ask is a little respect of such and not to read too much into it. Come hang out with us on a lazy boring Sunday and you will get a much better perspective of what we are really like
    The Super Bowl of Spotting?

For others and definitely for me it's the SuperBowl of spotting. As always during UNGA week I will be focused and on a mission to catch these rare visitors. Happy UNGA week!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

I have greatly benefited from the assistance of other spotters and look forward to spending some time shooting the breeze, but I intend to come prepared with my radio to do whatever I can to contribute tracking the rare ones as Fasil had suggested. The way I look at it, I have to pay it forward. A few years back it was Cary who helped me get the Turkmenistan 767 during UNGA, he was very mellow about it and I just followed his lead as Manny said. Two years ago it was Eric who reported hearing that a Tupelov was inbound, and a half hour later I was fist pumping like a maniac after we shot it. Speaking of Manny, what he mentioned about the difference between regular spotting and UNGA is a good point- I too am happy to schmooze amidst the CRJ's and ERJ's, but dang it....dangle that SP carrot in front of me and I become quite driven to achieve the mission.

Right now I am just hoping that something won't come up at the last minute to wreck my plans to hang out and watch the planes with everyone.

For what it's worth one, possibly two, of these were moving around Dulles today. A German Air Force A300 has been up flying a bit lately as well around IAD.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    I guess UNGA week means different things to different people. I am blessed in the winter that I can see SPs and other stuff. In fact the superbowl for me was the evening Dave Budd and I hung with an SP for hours. I sat on the nose gear and watched the sun go down. I also enjoy the boneyards much more for the special things that you can find.

UNGA is awesome but if I miss something I miss it. Hopefully omlettes with Manny and I can claim victory!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Oh yeah, omelettes are in order at least ONCE this week
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

A few of us were fortunate to see both Qatar (Ameri) A340s, and we did manage to see the German Air Force A310 passing overhead from the mounds during the late afternoon hour.

A7-AAH on short final for RWY 31L (she was given vectors for 31R, and then at the last minute she requested 31L, this is why you have to listen and stay focused).

A7-HHK on short final for 13L (This one came in from Dulles)
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Dub6 Dubai air wing 6 is a 738 2 hours of the coast of England

OE-LOV is a private a319. Just about to cross the atlantic.
    No update on the Dubai 737.

Looks like there's a German Air Force 319 inbound. Just starting journey over atlantic.
    Also there is a Saudi 7772 inbound eta 610 pm
    Last edited by Jared Blech; 2014-09-18 at 05:11 PM.